Life with Kaishon: Treasuring the Normal Day is a blog with heart and amazing photographs. Best of all, the author’s love for life and her child is so apparent it’s humbling. Let’s give Becky a warm SITS welcome!
When did you start blogging? What is your blog about?
I started in 2007 because I loved my friend Gretchen’s blog (It’s a Girls World). We went to college together and I loved how she kept all of us up to date on her life. After a few months of blogging, I fell in love.
I made friends all over the world. Blogging is a great connector on this crazy journey of life.
Your photographs are beautiful. When did you realize that you have a talent in photography?
When I started participating in I Heart Faces weekly challenges I realized taking pictures was a passion. In any spare time I was out practicing. I learned a lot and have had so much fun finding a style.
What is one tip for producing crisp and clear photographs?
- Try to get the story when you snap the picture.
- Fill up the frame with a story.
- When you tell a story, your picture almost always turns out beautifully.
- Stand still. Or lay still. Or whatever : )
- Look for a great angle.
Capture life. Life is beautiful.
Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
Kaish will be getting ready to go to to college. Oh my goodness. I hope that it continues to be a place where people can come and find happiness and love. There are so many bad things in the world. We need more joy.
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Meeting new people. Feeling inspired every day. Making connections. Obviously I can’t pick a favorite. Whoopsie Daisy.
Do you have a favorite quote?
Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D’Angelo
4×365: This post tells a story about HER man.
Happiness is Children: I swear that these photos capture each child’s personality.
Listen to the Mus’nts: This post tells a story through beautiful photos.
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016
- How To Start A Photography Business - Mar 30, 2016
- Cleaning and Maintaining Your Camera Gear - Mar 2, 2016
- 3 Common Photo Editing Mistakes And How To Fix Them - Jan 20, 2016
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 6, 2016
- 3 Tips for Winter Photography - Dec 23, 2015
- How to Use Periscope - Jun 23, 2015
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jun 4, 2015