Meet Lisa from Mama Lisha Lifestyle a blog based in New York where Lisa talks about “seeking a richer life… in a wasteland called the suburbs… for my family, myself, and anyone who will listen!” She posts about life as a mom of an almost teenager, the importance recognizing the increase academic pressure placed on our children, and of course her love for fashion and yearning for all things soft.
This week I’ll be asking our featured bloggers some questions that provide insight as to who they are and what they want to accomplish as bloggers:
Why did you start blogging?
Now that my kids are tween and teen age, and with PTA experience under my belt, I needed to reinvent myself, so blogging at my beloved iMac, was the perfect opportunity (with limited time in my day) where I could bring my life experiences (50+ years) together and share them.
What is your blog about?
Blogging and blogging technology is the perfect way to ‘connect all the dots’ … a way to tie all my interests, discoveries, and experience together and connect that to people with the same. I like to cross-pollinate, linking one unlikely thing to another and blogging is a great way to do that. I write about food, fashion, culture (high and low brow), technology, and family life with a creative and cultural bent.
If you could go on a trip anywhere, where would you go?
I take ‘virtual trips’ everyday when I’m researching a blog post!
Name a hobby you enjoy that has nothing to do with blogging.
I’m a painter and I do find some time to make paintings and exhibit them… you can see them on the blog sidebar.
And finally, has your blog opened any doors for you that maybe you hadn’t expected?
About a month ago, an online newspaper editor saw my blog (recommended by a friend and fan), she loved it, and hired me as a freelance writer. I’m happily writing a few articles a week for them now in my spare time.
So awesome! Love hearing about when bloggers are able to earn money doing what they love! Don’t forget to roll call in the comments below and stop by to say hello to Mama Lisha!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Interested in becoming an official SITS Girl and being featured on our website? We’d love to showcase your blog! Read about how to get involved here.
And, as always, when you see this button:
Be sure to support your fellow SITStah & leave a comment!
- Content Is King: Make Your Writing Stand Out - Mar 8, 2017
- YouTube For Bloggers - Jan 23, 2014
- How To Create a Signature For Your Blog Posts Using My Live Signature - Aug 22, 2013
- 7 Tips To Become A Vlogging Brand Ambassador - Jul 21, 2013
- PicMonkey Photo Collages Released! - May 30, 2012
- Confessions of a Scary Mommy - Apr 2, 2012
- Broken, Hacked, and Deleted…When Good Blogs Go Bad - Feb 6, 2012
- A Year Of Better Blogging - Feb 1, 2012
- Free Photo Editing Websites And Apps - Jan 24, 2012
- Inspired and Finding Balance - Oct 4, 2011