Do you know what anchor text is? It is the words that are usually bolded and/or a different color that you click on to visit a new, connected site. Today’s blogger shares with you why your word choice for this text is important and some things to keep in mind the next time you’re creating your links.
Anchor Text for SEO
Anchor Text is the words that you link to a website. The words that you click on to get to another site. AT matters and I’ll cover the proper way to use it below. First let’s cover the basics.
Why does AT matter? This text is used by search engines to help determine what websites are about. This, in turn, helps them decide which searches they should show that website as a result. So basically if you run a puppy training website you want people to link to you using words that have to do with puppy training or your brand or URL. Unfortunately you cannot really help what other people do. However you can make sure the text is done correctly on YOUR websites.
Read the full post here: Anchor Text for SEO
- Back To Business & 6 Lessons Learned - Jul 26, 2017
- What Can Grey’s Anatomy Teach Us About Blogging - Jul 21, 2017
- Designing For The Future - Jul 19, 2017
- How to Generate 750+ Blog Post Ideas in One Hour - Jul 14, 2017
- My Weekday Morning Routine - Jul 12, 2017
- Why I Treat Blogging Like College - Jul 7, 2017
- Rebuilding A Brand | The 3 C’s - Jul 5, 2017
- How to Blog Consistently for the Stressed Out Solopreneur - Jun 30, 2017
- Reclaim Time and Sanity with an Operations Manual - Jun 28, 2017
- Boost Your Blogging Self-Esteem - Jun 23, 2017