Do you know what anchor text is? It is the words that are usually bolded and/or a different color that you click on to visit a new, connected site. Today’s blogger shares with you why your word choice for this text is important and some things to keep in mind the next time you’re creating your links.
Anchor Text for SEO
Anchor Text is the words that you link to a website. The words that you click on to get to another site. AT matters and I’ll cover the proper way to use it below. First let’s cover the basics.
Why does AT matter? This text is used by search engines to help determine what websites are about. This, in turn, helps them decide which searches they should show that website as a result. So basically if you run a puppy training website you want people to link to you using words that have to do with puppy training or your brand or URL. Unfortunately you cannot really help what other people do. However you can make sure the text is done correctly on YOUR websites.
Read the full post here: Anchor Text for SEO
- Conquer Blogging Frustration, Burnout, and Overload - Sep 22, 2017
- 15 Best Social Media Automation Tools - Sep 20, 2017
- What is SEO? Free Resources for Improving Yours - Sep 15, 2017
- 10 Best Free Resources To Find Images For Your Blog - Sep 13, 2017
- The Top 3 Books for Enriching Your Life - Sep 8, 2017
- What’s On My Desk: My Top 3 Target Products - Sep 6, 2017
- Best WordPress Page Builder - Sep 1, 2017
- Marketing for the Future - Aug 30, 2017
- 31 Essential Steps to Starting a Blog in 2017 - Aug 25, 2017
- Favorite Blogging Notes - Aug 18, 2017