One of the scariest words for a blogger is “hacker.” We have all heard the stories of bloggers who lost everything when someone was able to break into their blog. There are steps you can take to heighten your WordPress security before someone tries to hack into your blog.
WordPress Security Tips
Imagine waking up one day, making your favorite cup of coffee, sitting down in your favorite writing spot, coming to your blog, and realizing something is terribly wrong. You try to log in but you can’t. You finally logged in, but you can’t write any new posts or change themes or plugins. You look at your blog and see everything has been replaced with ads that have nothing to do with your blog, or worse your content which you poured over for hours has been replaced by links to dubious sites. End of the world right?
Thankfully, there are ways to avoid that – here are 6 easy tips that don’t require technical knowledge and will help you keep your blog more secure!
*Update! This blog has moved and the post no longer exists. Sad.
Check out these WordPress security tips instead:
- Blog Promotion: Facebook and Twitter Engagement - Apr 28, 2016
- The Benefits Of Slow Blogging - Apr 27, 2016
- Monetize Your Blog with These Effective Strategies - Apr 26, 2016
- The Bloggers’ Guide to NoFollow Links - Apr 25, 2016
- The Importance Of An Editorial Calendar - Apr 21, 2016
- How To Create An Inspiration Board For Your Website - Apr 20, 2016
- How To Setup Facebook Instant Articles With WordPress - Apr 19, 2016
- Power Up Your Content Scheduling with CoSchedule - Apr 18, 2016
- How To Create A Round Up Post - Apr 17, 2016
- How I Gained 100 Subscribers in 24 Hours - Apr 14, 2016