New to SITS? Welcome!! Go read this to get started.
Welcome to the weekly blogging tip and comment game! This week I’m talking about finding photos for your blog posts.
As I wrote in a previous Saturday tip: photos in your posts are good. But how do you find photos and properly attribute them?
Texan Mama writes:
I think a lot of bloggers could benefit from learning what the rules and etiquette are for posting photos other than their own. And, hopefully, you could hook us up with a couple of sites where it’s totally okay to take the photos without worrying about violating copyright or creative commons or hurting anyone’s feelings or whatever.
The rules are simple: unless you have taken a photo yourself or obtained the photo from a PR person, you should credit the source. Simply add a line at the end of your post that says “Photo credit: xyz.com.” Following is a list of ways to find photos for your posts:
- PicFindr: Useful site that searches several sources of free stock photos simultaneously.
- Microsoft’s Clip Art: This site offers much more than what you’d traditionally think of as “clip art.”
- Stockvault: Free stock photos, decent selection.
- 123 Royalty Free: Very nice selection of free images. Images stay on the site for 30 days, then expire and new images are continually being added.
- morgueFile: More free stock photos.
- Stock.xchng: Another free stock photography site. Also offers photos for as little as $1 each.
- Flickr: Photos on Flickr listed under a Creative Commons license are available for use on your blog with proper attribution. Please read this excellent post: A Complete Guide to Finding and Using Incredible Flickr Images
Now, let’s play a game! Here are the rules for the SITS Saturday Sharefest:
- Leave a comment here with a link to one of your best blog posts (or just your main URL if you prefer).
- After you leave your comment, visit the link of the person who commented BEFORE you.
- Comment on their post and be sure to say “Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest” in your comment.
Now, go leave some comments! And please visit my new blog – Mom, Reinvented. I’m giving away a Printies Pet Design Studio Kit, along with two other great giveaways!
Want to subscribe to SITS and get an email each time we post? Just click here.
And, as always, when you see this:
- Invisalign: Does it hurt? - Sep 8, 2014
- Does Invisalign Work? - Aug 1, 2014
- Smile It Forward - Nov 20, 2013
- Don’t Let This Halloween Haunt You! Basic Do’s and Don’ts For Busy Parents - Oct 26, 2013
- Getting a Second Opinon - Sep 27, 2013
- Parenting Teens- Developing a Sense of Responsibility - Aug 27, 2013
- Fabulous Custom Canvas: 30% Off! - Aug 26, 2013
- Smile Down the Aisle - Jun 26, 2013
- Braces or Invisalign? - Jun 3, 2013
- #FrozenFacts Twitter Party & KitchenAid Sweepstakes - Mar 13, 2013