Finding Images For Your Blog Posts – Saturday Sharefest!

New to SITS? Welcome!! Go read this to get started.

Welcome to the weekly blogging tip and comment game! This week I’m talking about finding photos for your blog posts.

As I wrote in a previous Saturday tip: photos in your posts are good. But how do you find photos and properly attribute them?

Texan Mama writes:

I think a lot of bloggers could benefit from learning what the rules and etiquette are for posting photos other than their own. And, hopefully, you could hook us up with a couple of sites where it’s totally okay to take the photos without worrying about violating copyright or creative commons or hurting anyone’s feelings or whatever.

The rules are simple: unless you have taken a photo yourself or obtained the photo from a PR person, you should credit the source. Simply add a line at the end of your post that says “Photo credit: xyz.com.” Following is a list of ways to find photos for your posts:

Now, let’s play a game! Here are the rules for the SITS Saturday Sharefest:

• Leave a comment here with a link to one of your best blog posts (or just your main URL if you prefer).
  • After you leave your comment, visit the link of the person who commented BEFORE you.
  • Comment on their post and be sure to say “Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest” in your comment.

Now, go leave some comments! And please visit my new blog – Mom, Reinvented. I’m giving away a Printies Pet Design Studio Kit, along with two other great giveaways!

Want to subscribe to SITS and get an email each time we post? Just click here.
And, as always, when you see this:

LEAVE A COMMENT.

Getting People To Listen - Saturday Sharefest!
Top 10 Reasons to Move to WordPress - Saturday Sharefest!

Comments

Today has been one of the best Saturdays I’ve had in a long time. I’ll have to try to blog about it tomorrow. Happy weekend everyone!

2. Lisa says

Happy Saturday! The pics in this post are from today’s visit with Santa. I love the pictures of my girls smiling :-)
    .-= Lisa´s last post: Teaching thankfulness =-.

3. Vickie says

Hey you all! This morning my girls got the H1N1 vaccine and then we visited Santa! I could use a late afternoon nap:)

Thanks for sharing the photo sites. I like it when blogs have pictures in their posts. Breaks up a long post.

4. Chaotic Kristy says

Happy Sits day!
    .-= Chaotic Kristy´s last post: I need to be quized =-.

Wow thank you, this is such good advice. I have always been wary of using photos I have found on the net for fear of breaching copyright. But now I know how to go ahead thanks to you guys!

Have a great weekend!
    .-= Lise´s last post: What I’m cooking this weekend… =-.

I thought it would just be “us” for Thanksgiving…looks like I gotta start the menu planning. I think that’s fun, so it’s all good. 😉

Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. A. Brilliant
    .-= Jessica Nunemaker´s last post: Milk Chocolate Bundt Cake =-.

This is an important topic, Shannon, and I’m so glad you wrote about it. I think a lot of people just don’t realize they should credit their sources. I know when I first started, lo those many years ago, I didn’t do it either. Because the internet is FREE! and you just take what you want, right? :)

One of my recent posts is the debate about how to pronounce the year 2010.
    .-= Margaret (Nanny Goats)´s last post:
    Goat Thing of the Day: A 1927 Cutie in Los Angeles =-.

One of my recent posts is the debate about how to pronounce the year 2010.
    .-= Margaret (Nanny Goats)´s last post:
    Goat Thing of the Day: A 1927 Cutie in Los Angeles =-.

One of my recent posts is the debate about how to pronounce the year 2010.
    .-= Margaret (Nanny Goats)´s last post:
    Goat Thing of the Day: A 1927 Cutie in Los Angeles =-.

One of my recent posts is the debate about how to pronounce the year 2010.
    .-= Margaret (Nanny Goats)´s last post:
    Goat Thing of the Day: A 1927 Cutie in Los Angeles =-.

Woohoo! It’s Saturday!

Which means… that it’s Sexy Cupcake Saturday on my blog! :) Go check out this week’s sexy cupcake.

Have a great weekend everyone!

So glad to have links to photo sites! Thanks!!!

As for me, looks like my Thanksgiving will be a little different than expected. Ah, well. Less work for me, I guess. At least I can still spend it with family!

Anyone else have beautiful, unseasonably warm weather today?
    .-= Carrie´s last post: Change in the Game Plan =-.

Love this post! Very useful information because I regularly use photos and have not made a point of crediting them. I will put this post in my resource files, thank you!
    .-= Romy´s last post: Mascara with Major Lift =-.