From time-to-time, you might get asked how many views a specific post received on your blog, especially when you have written a sponsored post. Or you just might want to see what your top performing posts are, so you can create more content around those topics. Google Analytics can feel overwhelming, but it is actually fairly easy to find pageviews for a specific post.
Google Analytics Tutorial: How To Find Pageviews For A Specific Blog Post
When you first log into Google Analytics you’ll land on your main dashboard. From there you’ll want to use the menu in the left sidebar and select: Behavior >> Site Content >> All Pages.
In the above picture you can see that those menu selections should reveal your top 10 posts. However, the post you are looking for might not be listed in your top ten. To find the exact post you need, you will have to search for it.
Take the ending part of the URL link, and enter it into the search area.
If your link is: http://YourSite.com/how-to-search/ you will enter the “how-to-search/” portion of the URL.
Click search (use the magnifying glass), and you will be shown the information for that post.
With the information that appears, you will be able to determine your total and unique pageviews, the time readers spent on the post, and your bounce rate!
Looking for more information about Google Analyics and traffic? Here are a few posts you’ll find helpful:
- How to Use Google Analytics
- Insider Tips To Increase Traffic To Your Blog
- Using Google Analytics to Find Blog Topics
- Use Analytics Now: Understanding Real Time Google Analytics Numbers - Jun 19, 2015
- How to Find Keywords in Google Analytics - Mar 12, 2015
- Tax Deductions All Bloggers Should Know About - Feb 3, 2015
- How To Find Pageviews For A Specific Blog Post - Jan 19, 2015
- GoodNites* TRU FIT* Twitter Party - Sep 22, 2014
- #LOOKSTHATROCK Twitter Party - Aug 21, 2014
- Financial Independence TWITTER PARTY From Capital One 360 - Jul 2, 2014
- #VRMonth Twitter Party from Wyndham Vacation Rentals - Jun 16, 2014
- How to Regram Images on Instagram - Jun 5, 2014
- #AllergyFace Twitter Party - Jun 2, 2014