Motherhood: The Best {And Hardest Job} Ever

Last year we teamed up with P&G to support their Thank You Mom campaign, which showcased moms to amazing athletes. It was a wonderful opportunity for us to not only highlight moms of special needs kids in our own community, but also stand in awe of the incredible talent and drive of Special Olympians.

This year, P&G is at it again, kicking off another Thank You Mom campaign in honor of the London 2012 Olympic Games.

P&G

Here are the details:

Behind every amazing athlete, is an even more amazing mom. That’s why P&G is the Proud Sponsor of Moms, not just the moms of athletes, but ALL moms around the world. We want to create a movement that recognizes “mom” as the hardest, but, best job, in the world.

Whether it is waking up before dawn to make breakfast, doing loads and loads of laundry, taking a bus to a child’s practice, or caring for a child’s injuries, one thing is universally true for all mothers on every continent: While being a mom may be the toughest job in the world, it also is the most rewarding job in the world.

We want to encourage consumers to join P&G in thanking their mom, or a mom they know, by:

• Sharing the below video with friends and family.
  • “Liking” the Thank You Mom page on Facebook: For every like, P&G will donate $1 to the USOC P&G|Team USA Youth Sports fund, up to $100,000. This is part of a $5M global commitment P&G has made to support local youth sports in many countries.

Go ahead and watch the video.

{We dare you not to cry.}

So join us to support a great cause and have some fun.

Twitter Party Alert!

In honor of today’s kick-off, we’ll be on Twitter tonight from 6:00 to 7:00 pm PST/9:00 to 10:00 pm EST chatting about all things mom related. What challenges are you facing right now? What’s been your biggest joy, and maybe even heartache, when it comes to motherhood?

Check out the hashtag, #thankyoumom, and chat away with @SITSGirls, @TiffanyRom, and all our community friends.

See you tonight!

Warning: Hot Fireman, Darling Kitten & Margaritas Ahead
A Sneak Peek at the Education Channel: 31DBBB is Back!

SUBSCRIBE

We always have a ton happening that you don't want to miss.

Subscribe to our newsletter for blog tips, conference updates, & sponsored post opportunities now!

About Francesca

One of two behind The SITS Girls and Bloggy Boot Camp. Believer that this community is a movement, and not just a website. Currently on a quest for unending free WiFi & stronger caffeine. I'd love to get to know you better: Find me on Twitter @FranBanducci and on Google+.

Comments

1. AS a mom with girls who adore soccer and are anxiously awaiting the Olympics so they can watch the US womens soccer team (Go Abby, Alex, and Hope) I will definitely be participating. Thanks for sharing.

2. thank u for highlighting kids with special

3. Taylor Milne says:

The video reminds me of my mom. I just cried. How I miss her so much! Good luck in the campaign by the way. Will definitely give my full support!^^

4. Richard Thomas says:

The hardest job in the world. Is the best job! Indeed! Salute to all the mom’s out ther! Mom, see you soon. I miss you and I love you. Fabulous video. Is there a way that I can find it in youtube and share it in my own FB page?

Cheers,
    Richard

5. Christine A. says:

Dared me to not cry & it always makes me. My kids teared up a bit too. Great reason for a twitter party.

6. This is fabulous!

7. Is it strange that I felt bad for the kids who had to get up so early?

8. I am TOTALLY making my kids watch this video!

9. AlisonSWLee says:

The video DID make me cry!! What a fantastic campaign.

10. loking forward to this! I will definitely be there. :)

11. Definitely hope to check it out! Great idea and great topic!

12. What a cool reason for a twitter party. Love it… and I’ll (try) to be there. :-)

Trackbacks

1. [...] It all started with a video that brought us to tears. [...]

2. [...] continuing our celebration of P&G’s Thank You Mom campaign in honor of the London 2012 Olympic Games, I had the pleasure of interviewing Margie Walsh, mom to [...]

Our Story - Privacy Policy - Website Terms & Conditions