We’re Taking a Staycation! And You’re Invited, So Come, K?

Summer is quickly winding down, but before we leave the season behind entirely, we’re taking a staycation.

And we want YOU with us!

staycation

#Staycation Summer Photography Fun

Our staycation is completely virtual, but it all revolves around getting our community involved in some summer photography fun and building our respective followings.

Here’s how it works:

It’s simple!

1. You take photos according to a prompt we provide.
  2. Share your photos on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and tag them with the hashtag, #staycation.
  3. We’ll then share your photos through our social media channels and feature our favorite pics here on The SITS Girls.

Photo Prompts

Starting this Monday, July 30, we’ve got tons of photo prompts lined up.  Our goal? To get an appreciation for what life is like in your part of the world.

We’re planning one massive #staycation all around the world, and we’ll be looking for bloggers to represent where they live through photos.

Check out the below schedule and see where you fit in:

• Monday, July 30: West coast/PST states, Alaska & Hawaii
  • Tuesday, July 31: Mountain/MST states
  • Wednesday, August 1: FREE FOR ALL.  Show us a picture from your part of the world.
  • Thursday, August 2: Central/CST states
  • Friday, August 3: East coast/EST states

Once we wrap up our tour, we’ve got a few more prompts to keep the fun going for the rest of summer.  Here are the photos we’ll be looking for from absolutely anywhere in the world:

• Tuesday, August 7: Where to eat, drink, and be merry where you live
  • Thursday, August 9: Where you take the kids
  • Tuesday, August 14: Where you go to unwind
  • Thursday, August 16: What you love about where you live

We are going to run the event over the course of three weeks, so you’ll have the chance to participate as much or as little as you like.

However, the more you participate, the better.

Because it will bring you closer to winning THIS!

Win a Camera Bag from SHUTTERbag Australia

Even though we tend to use our phones to take pictures more than anything else, who doesn’t want a fancy camera bag?

Our friend Kim from Mom Tried It introduced us to SHUTTER|bag since she is the North American distributor for these bags:

SHUTTER|bag is the perfect accessory for the busy multimedia mom on the go.  The Safari bag can easily hold a DSLR camera with lenses, an iPad, laptop (up to 15 inches), and still have room for diapers or snacks that are a must for any mom.  SHUTTER|bag was started in Australia by a busy mom/photographer/student with young children.  She wanted a stylish bag that could hold everything she needed to carry that wasn’t too trendy or too manly.  As she searched for a bag, she discovered that the popular names were made of polyurethane and not leather, but had a price tag of $160-250.  SHUTTER|bag is proud to offer multitasking women (not just moms or professional photographers) the option of having a beautiful and functional bag made of handcrafted, quality leather.

Definitely a camera bag we can all drool over!

So get your camera ready and start thinking about how you are going to represent your part of the world for our massive #staycation event.

And if you need inspiration, here are the photos from our #SITSSummer challenge on Instagram. Such a good time!

[instapress tag="sitssummer" piccount="0" size="130" effect="0"]

Blog Challenge SIGN UP: Fall Blogging Event Starts Next Week
Helping You To Improve Your Blog This Week

SUBSCRIBE

We always have a ton happening that you don't want to miss.

Subscribe to our newsletter for blog tips, conference updates, & sponsored post opportunities now!

About Francesca

One of two behind The SITS Girls and Bloggy Boot Camp. Believer that this community is a movement, and not just a website. Currently on a quest for unending free WiFi & stronger caffeine. I'd love to get to know you better: Find me on Twitter @FranBanducci and on Google+.

Comments

1. Sounds like fun!

2. This is great,and right up my alley. I will definitely participate.

3. Loved seeing my pics included up there! I will definitely try to participate again.

4. This is the greatest idea. Can’t wait to participate. Perhaps a future staycation can include video too ;)

WOOT!

5. August 3rd…. East Coast here we go!!! Summer shoes on and going!!! This sounds super fun… can’t wait to see everyone’s pictures :-)

Girl In Shoes

6. Sounds so awesome!

7. What a FUN idea…love this! I’m definitely looking forward to participating. :)

8. Love this!! I will definitely be participating in the fun :)

9. I’ll be there… sounds like fun!

10. Oh I like this… very very much.

11. Very cool! I have a new DSLR and am really getting in to photography!

12. Sounds like a great way to find places to put on my ‘travel wish list’!! Can’t wait!

13. Man, it’s too bad the time you do this, I am on VACATION for one of those weeks! I will still participate when I can! I love photos!

14. How fun! Count me in!

15. I love this! I can’t wait to participate!

16. Can’t wait to show off my little corner of the world (South Dakota) :)

17. Fun! I’m in!

18. Love it, I saw my picture with my BFF! I can’t wait! Staycation is the thing, since we are moving next weekend.

19. Oh Yay! Count me in… I recognize a couple of those photos! :) Going to go pack my bag right now….

20. Fun!

21. What a great idea! I will definitely be watching to see the prompts! :)

22. This sounds so much fun! I am definitely in!

Trackbacks

1. [...] you been playing along with our #staycation this summer? We’ve been loving all the photos we’ve seen from around the [...]

2. [...] Yesterday was a GREAT day as we rolled through the western states of our #staycation. [...]

3. [...] {To see a full list of our photo prompts, go here.} [...]

Our Story - Privacy Policy - Website Terms & Conditions