Forum Roundup

This week, we had some great conversations in our forums. While talking about the necessities to start a blog (did you see our printable checklist?) we talked about the blogging community’s stance on why we blog in the first place. After reviewing our blogging checklist, we got ready to jump in headfirst with a little bit of fun- building the blog itself!

Why Blog?

The blogosphere has been all abuzz with discussion on why we blog- and our forums were no exception! Whether you blog as a hobby, as a business, or aspire to turn it into a professional career, everyone has their reasons. Sharon from Empty House, Full Mind loves the creative outlet blogging brings. What do you think? Check out the why blog topic.

Your Daily Dance talks about how her passion is such a part of who she is that she has to blog about it. She loves to share her knowledge and experience with others. Do you blog for similar reasons?

Time Management

We all struggle with time management, but when it comes to our blog, it can be particularly challenging. With the pressure to maintain your blog, keep up with social media networks, and be visible in the community, it can be easy to lose track of time. Our forum members discussed their thoughts on time management.

Sam from Life as Wife says she “cheats” by using her iPhone to stay on track with things. That sounds like a smart idea to us- stay on top of things while not being tied to your computer!

Denise from According to Denise tends to do her reading by what catches her eye on Twitter. Combining your reading based on what you see in various social media networks can help spread out your reading- as long as you don’t spend too long clicking away!

Do you ever feel like you’re overextended with all of your blogging activities? Long Lost Fame sure does, and she wants to reevaluate her approach to get better organized. Share your tips with us!

Make sure to keep joining in our weekly forum discussions- we love highlighting your answers! 

Get Your Saturday Sharefest On!
Saturday Sharefest is Here!

About Ashley Abele

Ashley is a mom of 3 young children, social media consultant and blogger. She focuses on strategizing for bloggers and small businesses to help them reach their online potential and subsequent sales potential as cofounder of Other Half Media. When she’s not busy creating blogger outreach programs, email or social media campaigns, she blogs her life, parenting, and frequent moves at My Front Porch Swing. Connect on @AshleyNAbele on Twitter and on Facebook.

Comments

1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I抣l try to get the hang of it!

2. How to earn real money online!?

3. So much helpful info! Time management is tricky. I’m trying for an hour in the morning before my girls wake up, then nap times ( after the house is cleaned of course :) ) then again after bedtime. It really is more time consuming than you’d expect.

4. Blogging is soo much fun. One thing I try to do is keep a notebook/scratch pad close to my desk, so as soon as I come up with an idea I jot it down and scribble the main points I want to write about. Then once I reach my computer it doesnt take as much time to complete the post as i had already started.

5. I blog to vent, to relive stress and just to connect with others I might not have come across in real life. its such a support!

I recently did I money series, and I am looking for feedback!

6. I recently began blogging and all I can think is…..what took me so long!? It’s a little treat after the kids are in bed. A moment to myself and a little reflection. With a positive outlook and fun attitude, moms are able to have it all. I am going to document my life as a young mom and print it off for my kids one day….and hopefully encourage some other moms in the process!

7. I’m addicted to blogging! I feel like I need a fix. Everything I do I think, “Wow that would be a nice post.”

8. I only feel stressed about my blog on Mondays…I take most of the weekend off to devote my time to family. Otherwise I feel pretty ok with time management so far. It may change when I start branching out to guest post. :)

9. Hello, SITStahs! Have a great day everyone!

10. Before I began blogging I never realized how much actually goes into it. There is so much to keep up with that I only do certain things once a week and have a check list that I check daily to make sure I stay on track.

11. I was having a hard time keeping up with link parties, commenting on blogs. Also trying to catch up on my reading of the blogs I follow. But for the last couple of days I have given my self time to do all of the little things I need to do, and have designated Friday nights as the day to work on updating my blog, I have several things in mind that need updating Friday is a perfect day were I can stay up pretty late working on the design of my blog.

12. I’ve had mixed feelings about my blogging and time management. I love blogging and can get really lost in solving the puzzles of making my posts educational yet interesting… looking for the best pictures etc. But I do NOT like to sit all day and there is lots to do otherwise! I like the idea of making a day to blog and setting an alarm to allow just a certain amount of time to indulge.

13. Love it! Thanks for sharing! I think I need to start using my Kindle to connect with stuff!

14. It is definitely hard to keep up with everything, especially when stuff like real life tries to interfere (what a drag!), but I always do my best to enjoy the forums and I love all the blogs I find going through comments! :)

15. I am also hoping for a slow day at work. Thank goodness for smartphones! I would be even further behind if I couldn’t keep up on my reading with mine.

16. Samesies. Hoping for a slow day in the office so I can play catch-up. Love all the great things you have going on here!

17. Leslie says:

Im hoping today will be a slow day at work {it’s Friday!!} so I can use my kindle to zoom around the forums and learn a thing or two. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

Our Story - Privacy Policy - Website Terms & Conditions