With summer here, so is the manicure and pedicure madness! But, how do you keep your fingers and toes (not to mention your elbows and knees) looking their best? A DIY 10 Minute Citrus Sugar Scrub is the perfect solution. It’s gentle on skin, it’s all natural, and it smells divine! Keep reading to learn how to make your own homemade sugar scrub.
Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipe
It really only takes a few minutes to make a DIY sugar scrub! Not only that, but the scent possibilities are endless. I had oranges on hand so I decided to use those, but you could mix up any combination your heart desires. To make your own, gather these supplies.
If you don’t have a food processor you could easily use a blender, a mixer, or your hands. Don’t let the absence of a food processor keep you from trying!
DIY 10 Minute Homemade Citrus Sugar Scrub
2 C of sugar
½ C coconut oil, melted
1 orange, zested (set aside the fruit for another use)
15 drops of orange essential oil
To begin, zest your orange. I used every inch of zest on my orange. I wanted as many orange specks as possible!
Next measure out and melt your coconut oil.
Place 2 cups of sugar, ½ cup of melted coconut oil, orange zest, and 15 drops of orange essential oil into your food processor.
Pulse your food processor until the sugar mixture is completely mixed and fluffy.
Place your sugar scrub into a jar with a lid. You can trim it with fancy twine or ribbon if you plan on giving it as a gift. It’s also handy to have a little scoop to measure out the exact amount for skin smoothing perfection!
Sugar scrubs are a lot less harsh and abrasive than salt scrubs. Using all natural ingredients insures you know exactly what you are putting on your skin! To use, scoop a small amount into your hand and rub on any area where you would like a little extra softness. Rinse with warm water.
The coconut oil in this scrub can make the bottoms of showers and tubs very slippery. If you use yours in the tub or shower, make sure you wipe out the residue after you are finished.
Do you have a fun craft, recipe, or another Pin-teresting post that you want to share? Use the below Linky to get featured! We’ll be sharing our favorite posts in the coming week across our social media channels, on the blog, and in our newsletter.
WHO WE LOVED FROM LAST WEEK
Here are our favorite picks from last week’s link-ups. Show these ladies some love!
- DIY Fabric Flower Earrings
- No Bake S’mores Cheesecake
- Easy Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches
- DIY Lava Lamps
SHARE THE COMMENT LOVE
Be sure to spread the comment love! If you link up, please comment on at least three posts that grab your attention. We’re looking to help our community continue to grow their tribe and spread the comment support.
- DIY Lawn Yahtzee Dice + Free Printable Score Card - Mar 25, 2015
- Edible Playdough Recipe With Peeps - Mar 18, 2015
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 11, 2015
- DIY Sharpie Mug With A Design That Lasts - Mar 4, 2015
- Top 20 Best Spring Crafts And Recipes - Feb 25, 2015
- Glitter DIY Canvas Art - Feb 19, 2015
- DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vases - Feb 11, 2015
- Decorating A Small Bathroom With Easy Contact Paper Stripes - Feb 4, 2015
- Ideas for Valentines Day: Decorate Your Mantle On a Budget - Jan 30, 2015
- Heritage in the Kitchen With The Perfect Sugar Cookies - Jan 28, 2015