Once the first day of school hits, I know that fall is creeping closer! With fall comes pumpkin everything! I can already feel a crisp chill in the morning air, and I know the pumpkin excitement isn’t far behind! Welcome fall into your home by whipping up a batch of Pumpkin Pie Spice Rice Krispy Treats! They are the perfect way to ease into cooler temperatures, school schedules, and the holiday season!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Rice Krispy Treats
With a few simple changes to the classic rice krispy treats recipe, you can go from flat to fall fabulousness!
Ingredients you will need are:
- 4 C marshmallows
- 3 T canned pumpkin
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- 3 T butter
- 7 C rice krispies cereal
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- fall themed sprinkles
Before you begin, spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
Over medium high heat, melt your butter in a large pot.
Once your butter is melted, add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
Once the marshmallows are melted and smooth, add the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine.
Pour in the rice krispies cereal, and quickly stir to combine.
Spray your hands with cooking spray and press the Pumpkin Pie Spice Rice Krispy Treats into the bottom of your pan.
Allow to cool.
Meanwhile, melt your white chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth.
Spread the chocolate on top of your cooled Pumpkin Pie Spice Rice Krispy Treats like frosting.
Sprinkle with your fall themed sprinkles. I thought these fall leaves sprinkles were perfect!
Pop them into the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up the chocolate and then cut and enjoy!
The perfect fall treat!
- DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vases - Feb 10, 2016
- DIY Hot Cocoa Dunkers: Fun, Easy & Perfect for Kids! - Dec 21, 2015
- DIY Peppermint Soap - Dec 7, 2015
- DIY: Thanksgiving Napkin Rings - Nov 25, 2015
- Homemade Simmering Potpourri For The Holidays - Nov 18, 2015
- DIY Leather Napkin Rings - Nov 15, 2015
- DIY Boot Cuffs - Nov 6, 2015
- Elf On The Shelf Printables - Nov 4, 2015
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 2, 2015
- Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Polka-Dot Lanterns - Oct 30, 2015