I’ve been organizing my house and closets, which led to FINALLY tossing 10 year old t-shirts out of my closet. I have come to terms that I probably do not need my P.E. T-shirt from high school anymore. A corner of my room is now the Mount Everest of T-shirts, and I was inspired to reuse them some way. Where I live, in California, there is a small charge if you want a bag from the grocery store, and it seems like I never have enough. A no sew t-shirt bag seemed like the perfect solution to both of my problems!
No Sew T-Shirt Bag
Yes. The materials list is really only those two items!
How To Make A No Sew T-Shirt Bag
The process to make this bag is quiet simple!
Step 1: Cut the sleeves off of your old t-shirt. If you want a larger armhole for your bag, you can begin your cut about 3-4 inches under the arm hole.
Step 2: Cut a “U” shape around the neck of the shirt. Again, if you want a wide opening, you can cut this larger.
Step 3-4: Cut 2-3 inch slits at the hem of the T-shirt. Once your slits are cut, you will knot them together. Do not forget to double knot — it helps your t-shirt bag stay super secure!
These bags are a great alternative to plastic bags from the grocery store. They stretch and can actually carry a ton of groceries! The double knots make the bottom of the t-shirt bag very sturdy, too!
Another great idea is to carry them to the beach! The small spaces between the knots let the sand slip right thru! This bag fit a magazine, sunscreen. sunglasses, and a towel without being overstuffed!
If you have a treasured shirt that has become tattered, or no longer fits the way you would like it to, this is a great way to give your old t-shirt new life!
What would you carry in your t-shirt bag?
- Milk Jug Ghosts - Sep 21, 2017
- Haunted Hallway Spooky Glowing Masks - Sep 14, 2017
- DIY PVC Pipe Car Wash Sprinkler - Sep 13, 2017
- Ribbon Chandeliers - Sep 5, 2017
- Mickey And The Roadster Racers Party Behind the Scenes - Aug 31, 2017
- The Ultimate Mickey Party With Mickey And The Roadster Racers - Aug 31, 2017
- Harry Potter Cornish Pixie Jar Lantern (With Free Printables) - Aug 25, 2017
- How To Sew A Skirt In 20 Minutes - Aug 14, 2017
- No Sew T-Shirt Bag - Jun 12, 2017
- Ham & Cheese Hand Pies - May 4, 2017