Far From Perfect Mamma

“Talofa Lava” {I’m fancy now that Leah has taught me to say “hello” in Samoan.}

How was your weekend?

Don’t you wish it was 3 days?

Me too.

Join me in fawning over our queen today:

Meet Leah of Far From Perfect Mamma

Leah just finished a blog redesign {nothing like an email telling you your going to be featured to get things moving!} so be sure to check it out and tell her how pretty she is!

Leah says:

Talofa Lava! That’s “hello” in Samoan…pretty much one of a few phrases I know. Yes, I’m married to a Samoan man, but I have fallen short when it comes to learning the language, among so many other things. I didn’t want to always be a mom (and I am still not sure how I feel about it!). But, that is me being honest and what makes me Far From Perfect. I write about imperfections in my daily life. I might be a FFPWife, FFPMaMMa and therefore have many FFPMoMents. I share many of those stories along with the challenges and blessings of raising a toddler in a bicultural Samoan home as well as being a step-mom to an 18 year-old daughter. Looking forward to meeting fellow SITS Girls!

”FarFromPerfectMamma.com”

Leah recommends:
Measure

Before & After {Part 1}

If I could speak Samoan

1. Leave a short comment below to “roll call” {hi. howdy or here! will do}
2. Go to Leah’s site and leave her a few comments- like the ones you want left for you….

Farewell, Stranger
Slappy in the Face

Comments

No one is perfect, thank goodness. What a boring life we would lead…Heading over! Happy SITS day

Amen! I’ve found that when I find someone who is trying to be too perfect, they just look more dumb. It can bring me a smile…but I really try not to judge. That’s a hard one.

Hello, Queen for the day! Hope it’s a good one. Feel free to come over to my blog and check out what “peeves” me…

ohhhhh….peeves! Such a great subject. I’ll be heading out to check everyone’s blogs who paid me a visit so you should be on the list…just might take a while!

Howdy Ladies,
    I’m doing a giveaway on my blog for a copy of the book What Women Fear. Check it out…all you have to do is leave a comment to be entered to win!

Happy SITS days! You daughter is adorable :) I just read Before and After (part 1) and can’t wait to read the rest of your story!

Having trouble getting my comments to appear but will try again . . .

I have a cross cultural marriage too. I am Indian and my husband is half-Italian and half-Puerto Rican. We were both born in the States, so we are American first and foremost, but we are still really tied to our respective cultures. Can’t wait to learn more about your experiences!

Kiran, PLEASE hold on to your culture and if possible even learn more about it. Culture is so much more than what we look like and it will make your lives much more rich. Sounds like you have a beautiful mix. I visited India 10 years ago and loved the people. The color that is used in the clothing and food brought much needed life to a country filled with such poverty.

I stopped focusing on the perfection… too exhausting. Admitting we are not perfect is a great start to being authentic and REAL. Hope you enjoyed your visit!

Where do you find these bloggers? What a great story? I love SITS for featuring such a diverse community of REAL women – all over – who share their wonderful stories………

you can be a feature too! Just fill out the form. Thank you for your compliments. I do hope to bring something different to the vast mommy blogger community. While I try to be REAL everyday, it can be quite challenging some days. Thanks for stopping by.

you brought a smile to my face that you got the FFP so quickly. My family was a bit slow about it. :) I haven’t used the FFPBlogger yet. well done. We should get along great!

Talofa Leah, and I can also say Malo e lelei. Imagine my surprise when I read those familiar greetings. So nice to meet you and it’s going to be a great Monday.

yeah! I’m so glad it brought you a little bit of “home” or at least that part of the ocean…yes, a great way to start off the week! Monday’s usually are not this much fun.

We’re all far from perfect…it’s nice to meet someone who is open about it! Happy Monday everyone!