What She Said

Today’s featured blogger, like many of us, uses writing as a creative outlet. Please welcome Kristin from What She Said!

What She Said

Here’s a little about Kristin:

My name is Kristin and I’m a self-proclaimed city girl living a decidedly more rural life with my husband, 2-year-old daughter, and a black cat named Boo in eastern West Virginia (or, as I like to spin it, the far western suburbs of DC). I write because I feel it’s my best expression of self, and because it’s the only way I’ve found to at least quiet, if not completely silence my mouthy, obnoxious, and thoroughly self-centered inner monologue. Occasionally sarcastic, often poignant, frequently self-deprecating and always heartfelt, What She Said is a “niche-less” blend of family, life, and humor. Because if I didn’t laugh, I’d cry.

What She Said
Some of Kristin’s favorite posts are:

The State of My Union With Twitter is a cute reflection on her relationship with Twitter.

A beautiful synopsis of her child’s second birthday in Two.

What Ill Humor means to her.

Now check in with a brief comment below, then head to Kristin’s at What She Said and spend part of her Feature Day with her!

About Alina Thomas

Alina is a Virginia wedding photographer based out of Lynchburg, VA. She has a passion for arts and design, and strives to express it through her work. She is creative at heart and loves nothing more than sharing her knowledge in photography with other Virginia wedding photographers on her blog each week. Alina loves being a new mom to her first-born and spending time with her husband who helps her run her businesses. Please feel free to follow her on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google+.
Beautiful Spit Up
Go To Girl

Comments

I am so happy for you! Happy SITS day to you! I am off to go and visit your website.
    Blessings to you and your beautiful family!
    Michelle

Good Morning Ladies!!! Happy SITS Day to you Kristen!!! It sounds like many of us can relate to your last statement :) Can’t wait to check out your blog!!! Enjoy your day!

Happy for you and your SITS day! I’ve been following you on fb, and I think you’re the one that introduced me to the yeahwrite group. I’ve linked up with them for a few weeks now. Great bunch of bloggers! Thanks for passing along the info. Enjoy your day! Oh, and even though I’m from Kentucky–which people think is super hillbilly (and some parts are)–I still have my reservations about WV. No offense to anyone. Just sayin.

You and me both, sister! No offense taken – I hope to one day get back to my Richmond, VA roots. :)

Glad you’ve been enjoying Yeah Write! – it’s a wonderful community with some really good writers.

It was a tough one to write, but I felt so much better afterward. I hope/plan to explore more thoughts on depression on my blog going forward. Those posts can be tough to write, though – lots of thought and reflection go into them, which can be mentally and emotionally draining. But they’re also cathartic and depression is an important subject to discuss – especially since far too many people still consider it a “taboo” illness.

OK, you realize you’re going to break my brain here, right? It’s Friday, I’ve had an insanely busy week, and my head is full of snot, yet you’re asking me to summarize joy in six words. OK, then. 😉

Here goes: “It lurks within my daughter’s laugh.”

Happy SITSday! I haven’t been on here in awhile, so looking forward to meeting you as well as going back through old posts to catch up!

I love, love, love how honest she is about her internal dialogue! I’m born and raised WV so I am very happy to see a blogger from my “neck of the woods!”

I figure as long as I don’t let myself *become* my inner dialogue, I’m good. It’s a fine line, though.

Happy to meet a fellow West Virginian! Although, I still think of myself as a Virginian – I was born and raised in Richmond. I even drove 35 minutes to give birth to my daughter because I wanted her to be a native Virginian, too. 😉

You have a beautiful family and you do make the world beautiful! Thanks for sharing some laughs to make the day.