MyNewFavoriteDay

So excited to be off to St. Louis today for our first 2012 Bloggy Boot Camp!

And to celebrate, we are featuring a fabulous blogger. We hope you’ll find here as inspiring as we do.

Meet Shannon of MyNewFavoriteDay

{Is that picture gorgeous or what?

My name is Shannon Pruitt and after being in a bit of a self-imposed emotional isolation for about 18 months after the very premature birth of our precious twins Q and E and E’s diagnosis as Special Needs, 12 months ago an ordinary moment in our living room became ‘extra’-ordinary. In that moment, it occurred to me that perhaps sharing our stories of hope and inspiration could help and motivate others going through similar circumstances. So that night, with my nerves on fire, I created my first post for ‘MyNewFavoriteDay,’ and what became immediately clear is that my emotions and feelings were not unique to me or our circumstances, but rather permeated all of your personal experiences through your relationships and situations with parents, conception, siblings, IVF, prematurity, parenting, children, special needs, terminal illness, and everyday stress. As a global community we are all united by common emotions of love, fear, hope, faith, sadness, happiness, strength, and joy and most importantly, we are all doing the best we can, how we can. We all need one another and if we can remember to find the little nuggets of inspiration and motivation we can try to make each day ‘anewfavoriteday.’

MyNewFavoriteDay

You’ll love these:

Humility, Advocacy and the Greatest Love
{Now THAT’S a Title}

Dink the Wine, Wear the Louboutins, and Remember That Today is Special

Before I was a Mother, I was a Daughter

Pampers, Playdates & Parties
The Third Boob

Comments

What a wonderful idea for a blog! Love it!! I’m absolutely all for sharing our moments of courage and vulnerability…it’s how we grow. And what a beautiful family!!

Happy SITS day Shannon! I look forwarding to reading your blog. I’m headed there right now.. hugs :)

3. Shannon from 'mynewfavoriteday' says

So exited and overwhelmed in the best way by all the kindness here, thank you!

So beautifully inspirational. Gorgeous kids, really compelling and inspirational blog. You are so right, you’re not alone and your story is worth sharing. Thanks.

I have cried today… this blog has touched me in a way I cannot say.

Thank you for chossing this blogger. Her writing is sincere and you can feel the love for her children through every word.

Good Luck on your March of Dimes Goal.

This is so well said: “We all need one another and if we can remember to find the little nuggets of inspiration and motivation we can try to make each day ‘anewfavoriteday.’” Thank you for sharing with us and Happy SITS Day!

Two of my children have special needs. Ironically, our daughter’s needs (she is from China and was failure to thrive because she couldn’t figure out how to eat) led to our older son’s diagnosis. I am thankful that God brought us together as one family and for every moment on our journey. Their “specialness” has truly enriched our love!

Blessings to you. I look forward to getting to know you more.

Just reading the blurb gave me chills. Can’t wait to go and visit her and support her. I can already feel the connection…..

What a lovely picture! It is amazing how once we start sharing our feelings, thoughts, etc. we discover we are not the only ones in situations or who feel that way. It is one of the best part of blogging and the internet.

Wonderful. I’m inspired already. I started The Empty Nest Mom hoping to inspire and motivate other moms who may feel at loose ends after their kiddos are grown – besides having a whole lot of fun there. It’s so great how a cyber community connects hearts, friends and circumstances.

“We all need one another and if we can remember to find the little nuggets of inspiration and motivation… “, I like this line and feel like; that if you don’t know why you’re a blogger, this sentence is a damn good place to start.

What a beautiful sentiment. And what an amazing person you just HAVE to be to go through all that you’ve gone through, to come out with this type of positive spirit. I admire your wisdom and insight, and am glad that I’m getting the chance to meet you.

Congratulations on being today’s Featured Blogger. Enjoy your day and keep spreading your message and sharing your love!