There’s nothing I enjoy more than soup on a cold day.
If you’ve been scouring the web looking for baked potato soup recipes, no worries! Today Chach from The Third Boob shares a super easy baked potato recipe that you can whip up, and warm up, in no time!
Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Fall is here and it makes me crave all sorts of soups. baked potato soup is my all time favorite fall recipe. It reminds me of comfort, of good times with college roomies….and it once even played a *tiny* role in a successful matchmaking/blind date of two of my friends that resulted in a 9 year marriage and 4 kids. (truth.) 🙂
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked cooled, peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large soup kettle or pot, melt butter. stir in flour and heat and stir until smooth and blended. gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a wire whisk until thickened. add potatoes. bring to a boil, stirring constantly. reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. add remaining ingredients and stir until cheese is melted. top with extra crumbled bacon, cheese and green onions, if you want to get all fancy!
About The Author:
Chach and Nellie blog together at “the third boob” where they talk about motherhood, love, decorating, cooking, friendship and family. Chach + Nellie are two gals that met in a college summer school class one day and became roommates the next (literally). They live on different coasts now, are married and have a combined total of 6 kids, 1 dog and a turtle.
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 4, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016
- How To Start A Photography Business - Mar 30, 2016