How to Serve Cheese

I’ve had an ongoing affair with cheese most of my life.

It started with string and cheddar as a child.

Mozzarella on pizza and Parmesan on spaghetti.

Then I was introduced to Brie and Bleu and Havarti.

The list goes on.

This weekend, I hosted a baby shower for my sister.

And served this:

I would marry this cheese plate if that were legal.

That jar in the back? Fig spread. No joke. So good.

The “serving piece”?

Well, that’s an old-wine-barrel-lid-turned-lazy-susan.

Yep.

It spins.

I’ll have more pics and and fabulous decorations from the shower coming soon!

What snacky food is your favorite?

Picnic Food Ideas for a Perfect Picnic
How To Run A Blog Series

Comments

Hi Tiffany! New to the board, new to the sisterhood. I knew I was in the right place when I saw CHEESE! What a lovely display. I wonder if any Sonoma wineries do that barrel top lazy susan thing, I will have to research for my site.

One thing I’ve seen them do at restaurant cheese tastings is they serve it on a rustic slate platter and write the names on the cheese in with chalk. Another dramatic way to go!

The cheese looks delicious well except for Brie…sorry….and that lazy susan is adorable. Makes me want to throw a party right now.

Stop hatin’ on Susans.

So some of us are a little…well…we take our time.

No need for calling us “lazy”.

:-)

It looks beautiful and wonderfully delicious. If you marry it, I get to attend the reception. So I can help deflower it. Deal? ๐Ÿ˜€

I LOVE cheese! My favorite these days is Toscany cheese, so yummy! (I get it at Trader Joe’s)โ€ฆand I also make homemade pizza with sliced italian brean, sauce and mozzarella.

Great idea, the wine, cheese and the barrel lid it is displayed on looks great! The presentation is half the battle and although I’m not a huge cheese fan, this colorful makes me want a taste of each, it’s a virtual regalia of cheese. I have tasted the fig spread and in my opinion it MAKES the cheese and crackers complete.

I have such a hard time commenting on the main SITS page. I don’t know what’s wrong with me but I cannot find the comment button so I generally just go visit whomever has written the guest posts. If you get a chance drop me a line and let me know where that comment button is please.

Blessings,

Tia

Hi Tia,

The comment button is in the same place on all the posts- so where you found it here, is where it is on the featured blogger post too. Be sure to click on the title of the post, so you go to the exact url.

If that doesn’t work, respond here and we will figure it out!

I have recently started to investigate “good” cheeses and I’m having so much fun with it! I wish there was a great resource I could use to help me. If anyone has a book recommendation I would love to hear it. Also, since you asked about snack foods, I’d have to say that at our place the camp can’t decide what’s best. Everyone loves the cheeses and crackers, and everyone loves sweet treats!

I was staring at the pic, drooling, and all I could think was FIGS…she needs FIGS. And, then you told me they were in the jar. LOVE! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Must have been the most delicious baby shower ever.

Oh. My. Gosh. That is heaven for a cheese-a-holic like me! I don’t really eat “snack foods” per se; instead I just put cheese on everything I eat–in salads, wraps, on toast, etc. I’m especially partial to goat cheese. I love a good goat chevre or gouda.

This looks great I love the barrel top idea into a lazy susan… I wish you can do a tutorial on that. This looks great I did not know that you can buy fid spread… I love figs…

That looks so beautiful and delicious. I have not found a great cheese place where I live now but in Chicago we could get some incredible things and stinky French cheese! that reminds me of when my boss gave me some stinky cheese to take home from work and I was on the bus and couldn’t figure out who smelled so bad and it was me! (or my bag with the cheese). LOL

I would have to say my favorite snack food looks a lot like your photo! I love cheese, too! What is the brand of Fig jam that you served? It all looks so delicious!

This. This is my favorite. I am currently having a love affair with asiago drizzled with a bit of honey. Now I am wondering if I need to cheat with fig spread…

That is GORGEOUS. I am seriously ordering that lazy susan right now. I can’t believe the price. Cheapest I have found! The display is stunning. Will you throw me a party?

Can you believe the price???

It is the BEST entertaining item ever.

I bought 3 to give as gifts when needed!