Wine and ice cream are truly two of the world’s greatest things. As I have mentioned before, my husband’s family owns some ice cream parlors, so I must say I am blessed to have an abundance of ice cream at my finger tips. My kids and I have spent many a hours eating ice cream, and (confession time) I have spent many a hours having a glass of wine after they are in bed! Finally, I can combine my two loves with this amazing recipe. Wine Ice Cream is one of the easiest and tastiest treats I have ever had! It would be such an awesome dessert to serve at a ladies night, or just to indulge in for a late night treat!
How To Make Wine Ice Cream
Bonus: This recipe calls for only 3 ingredients, and a couple of items you probably have lying around the house! There is no need for a fancy ice cream machine!
- 3/4 cup of sweet white wine (a sweet Pinot Grigio or Moscato works perfectly)
- 3 Tablespoons of Super Fine Sugar (can be found in the baking aisle)
- 1 1/4 Heavy Whipping Cream
- Berries or chocolate for garnish
- Measuring Cups
- Tupperware for freezing the ice cream
- Begin by pouring the wine in to the mixing bowl. Next gradually add the superfine sugar and whisk until it is completely combined.
- Slowly add the heavy cream to the wine and sugar mixture and whisk again. You will see the mixture begin to thinken up.
- Pour the mixture into a Tupperware and seal and freeze
- You will need to let it freeze for about 3-4 hours.
- Scoop and enjoy! Once you try it you will go back for seconds!
Tip: Make sure you use a sweet wine and whisk the sugar completely! The quality of the wine is not as important as the sweetness!
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes | Easy Valentine Mailbox - Jan 18, 2017
- Lollipop Bouquet - Jan 16, 2017
- Giant Paper Bag Snowflakes - Jan 2, 2017
- DIY Confetti Poppers - Dec 26, 2016
- 20 Christmas Treats Perfect For Homemade Gifts - Dec 19, 2016
- Decorate Your House Like A Gingerbread House With This Giant Candy Garland - Dec 16, 2016
- Paper Doiley Christmas Trees - Dec 8, 2016
- Giant Popcorn Garland - Dec 5, 2016
- Christmas Photo Idea: DIY Christmas Tree Stand - Nov 28, 2016
- Handmade Christmas Tree Ornaments With Toilet Paper Rolls And Toothpicks - Nov 23, 2016