Staying healthy any time of the year can prove difficult, but it’s especially tricky during the winter months. There are so many germs out there to fight! As bloggers, we often spend the bulk of our time writing and composing articles, and less time focusing on ourselves. It’s important to keep your health in mind, no matter what your job is, so today I’m sharing 5 easy health tips to help you get your new year started right.
5 Easy Health Tips Bloggers Can Incorporate Into Their Life
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I had a doctor’s appointment last week and while my situation is a little different than what you might be dealing with (I’m mid-way through pregnancy), hydration was the word of the day. Drinking enough water is key to health whether you are looking to lose weight, maintain, or just avoid a cold. Find a fun water bottle and start your day off right by filling it the night before, so it’s ready when you wake up.
2. Take a walk. Even if you don’t have access to a gym, get some steps in. It’s easy to find yourself tethered to your computer/desk most of the day, but you aren’t doing yourself any favors by not burning some calories. Also, exercise (any form of it!) just plain feels good.
3. Rest. Are you getting enough sleep at night? My doctor cringed when she heard the number of hours I think I’m sleeping at night. I’m trying to establish a new bedtime for myself – because my wake-up time is set. I have a preschooler who wakes at 6 a.m. every day. Back that up 8 hours, and I really need to be in by 10 if I have a shot of getting a decent amount of sleep.
4. Step away from your screens. As bloggers, screentime is a big part of our jobs. Whether it’s a laptop, tablet, or phone, they’re all around us. Establish a cut-off time from your laptop, phone, television — whatever the devices may be that’s keeping you awake. Aim for at least 30 minutes of no-screen time before bed. This will help your mind relax and you should fall asleep a little easier.
5. Take your vitamins! Eating a balanced diet is important, but taking vitamins can be so easy! You can even take a children’s vitamin (they taste better!) – just check the label for the adult dosage. My son and I take the same vitamins, so it’s easier for me to remember to take mine. I take them when I give him one!
What easy health tips do you have to add? How do you stay healthy?
- What To Do When Your Inspiration Is Hiding - Jul 25, 2016
- Taking Your Blog Beyond Personal - Jul 7, 2016
- Blogging Doesn’t Have To Be A Time Suck - Jun 30, 2016
- Everything I Need To Know About Blogging I Learned In Kindergarten - Apr 7, 2016
- How To Relax After A Long Day As A Busy Mom - Mar 28, 2016
- How to Get the Most Out of IFTTT - Feb 11, 2016
- How To Blog While Holding Down A Full-Time Job - Jan 21, 2016
- 5 Easy Health Tips Bloggers Can Incorporate Into Their Life - Dec 28, 2015
- 5 Blogging Trends For 2016 - Dec 14, 2015
- The Basics Of Triberr: Sharing Content Easily - Sep 23, 2015