If you are looking for a media kit example…especially as a smaller blogger…then you’ve come to the right place.
As a blogger, there are key pieces of information about your blog you want to make sure you share with prospective businesses. Sometimes brands want to get to know a little more about you before they approach you to see if you’re a good fit for their needs. Having a media kit ready to go right on your blog makes your site that much more friendly to companies.
Media Kit Example for Bloggers
Media kits are kind of like resumes — they should be compact, include only the most relevant and timely information and should be a conversation starter. They don’t need to answer all of the questions a brand may have and honestly, it’s better if they don’t.
Consider them like a movie trailer…a great introduction to you and your blog. Brands will use these kits to decide whether or not to move forward with a longer discussion, and that should be your goal. You probably won’t book a job or a project solely on the weight of this kit, so consider it the cocktail hour that you hope will lead to a sit-down dinner.
So, how big should it be? And what should be included, especially if you don’t have as many page views or inbound links as other bloggers?
- Planning & Productivity Part 1 – Getting Started - Jun 28, 2016
- 5 (More) Food Photography Props You Already Own - Jun 27, 2016
- How To Find Your Unique Blogging Voice - Jun 26, 2016
- Improve Your Blog with These 9 Design Tweaks - Jun 23, 2016
- Using Contests and Sweepstakes to Increase Social Media Engagement: 8 Ways to Prepare an Awesome Campaign - Jun 22, 2016
- How To Rock Social Media Like A Boss - Jun 21, 2016
- Playing With Color: 10 Of My Favorite Color Palettes - Jun 20, 2016
- Blogging Checklists and Printables - Jun 19, 2016
- How to Maintain Your Blog While Working Full Time - Jun 16, 2016
- How to Make Money with Affiliate Marketing - Jun 15, 2016