If you are looking for a media kit example…especially as a smaller blogger…then you’ve come to the right place.
As a blogger, there are key pieces of information about your blog you want to make sure you share with prospective businesses. Sometimes brands want to get to know a little more about you before they approach you to see if you’re a good fit for their needs. Having a media kit ready to go right on your blog makes your site that much more friendly to companies.
Media Kit Example for Bloggers
Media kits are kind of like resumes — they should be compact, include only the most relevant and timely information and should be a conversation starter. They don’t need to answer all of the questions a brand may have and honestly, it’s better if they don’t.
Consider them like a movie trailer…a great introduction to you and your blog. Brands will use these kits to decide whether or not to move forward with a longer discussion, and that should be your goal. You probably won’t book a job or a project solely on the weight of this kit, so consider it the cocktail hour that you hope will lead to a sit-down dinner.
So, how big should it be? And what should be included, especially if you don’t have as many page views or inbound links as other bloggers?
- How to Start a Blog - Sep 28, 2016
- Six Tips to Tame Your Social Media ADDICTION - Sep 27, 2016
- Are You Writing Quality Content: How Do You Decide - Sep 26, 2016
- 6 Tips to Find a REAL Work at Home Job - Sep 25, 2016
- 5 Easy Ways to Increase Site Speed - Sep 22, 2016
- Blogging 101: Building Bloggy Relationships - Sep 21, 2016
- Organize Your Entire Blogging Life Digitally - Sep 20, 2016
- 6 Tips for Photographing Children - Sep 18, 2016
- 10 Ways to Squeeze Blogging Into Your Day - Sep 15, 2016
- How to Add a Downloadable Printable to a Blog Post - Sep 14, 2016