If you are looking for a media kit example…especially as a smaller blogger…then you’ve come to the right place.
As a blogger, there are key pieces of information about your blog you want to make sure you share with prospective businesses. Sometimes brands want to get to know a little more about you before they approach you to see if you’re a good fit for their needs. Having a media kit ready to go right on your blog makes your site that much more friendly to companies.
Media Kit Example for Bloggers
Media kits are kind of like resumes — they should be compact, include only the most relevant and timely information and should be a conversation starter. They don’t need to answer all of the questions a brand may have and honestly, it’s better if they don’t.
Consider them like a movie trailer…a great introduction to you and your blog. Brands will use these kits to decide whether or not to move forward with a longer discussion, and that should be your goal. You probably won’t book a job or a project solely on the weight of this kit, so consider it the cocktail hour that you hope will lead to a sit-down dinner.
So, how big should it be? And what should be included, especially if you don’t have as many page views or inbound links as other bloggers?
- Favorite Blogging Notes - Aug 18, 2017
- Sorting Creativeness From Clutter - Aug 16, 2017
- The Benefits of Hiring a Virtual Assistant - Aug 11, 2017
- 3 Tips On Time Blocking - Aug 9, 2017
- How to Embed Facebook Posts on Your Website or Blog - Aug 4, 2017
- 12 Month Step by Step Blog Plan from $0 to $9000 a Month - Aug 2, 2017
- I’ve Been Writing… - Jul 28, 2017
- Back To Business & 6 Lessons Learned - Jul 26, 2017
- What Can Grey’s Anatomy Teach Us About Blogging - Jul 21, 2017
- Designing For The Future - Jul 19, 2017