If you are looking for a media kit example…especially as a smaller blogger…then you’ve come to the right place.
As a blogger, there are key pieces of information about your blog you want to make sure you share with prospective businesses. Sometimes brands want to get to know a little more about you before they approach you to see if you’re a good fit for their needs. Having a media kit ready to go right on your blog makes your site that much more friendly to companies.
Media Kit Example for Bloggers
Media kits are kind of like resumes — they should be compact, include only the most relevant and timely information and should be a conversation starter. They don’t need to answer all of the questions a brand may have and honestly, it’s better if they don’t.
Consider them like a movie trailer…a great introduction to you and your blog. Brands will use these kits to decide whether or not to move forward with a longer discussion, and that should be your goal. You probably won’t book a job or a project solely on the weight of this kit, so consider it the cocktail hour that you hope will lead to a sit-down dinner.
So, how big should it be? And what should be included, especially if you don’t have as many page views or inbound links as other bloggers?
- Hashtags That Work! - Aug 25, 2016
- How to Use Blog Categories Successfully - Aug 24, 2016
- How to Choose the Right Domain Name - Aug 23, 2016
- The EAE Guide To HTML - Aug 22, 2016
- 12 iPhone Photography Tips to Make Your Photos Pop - Aug 21, 2016
- 7 Things I Wish I’d Known Before Buying a Budget DSLR - Aug 18, 2016
- Five Ways To Be A More Organized Blogger - Aug 17, 2016
- How To Create An Image Map - Aug 16, 2016
- 10 Reasons Why Blogging Is Ruining My Life - Aug 15, 2016
- How I Created A Functional Routine - Aug 14, 2016