If you are looking for a media kit example…especially as a smaller blogger…then you’ve come to the right place.
As a blogger, there are key pieces of information about your blog you want to make sure you share with prospective businesses. Sometimes brands want to get to know a little more about you before they approach you to see if you’re a good fit for their needs. Having a media kit ready to go right on your blog makes your site that much more friendly to companies.
Media Kit Example for Bloggers
Media kits are kind of like resumes — they should be compact, include only the most relevant and timely information and should be a conversation starter. They don’t need to answer all of the questions a brand may have and honestly, it’s better if they don’t.
Consider them like a movie trailer…a great introduction to you and your blog. Brands will use these kits to decide whether or not to move forward with a longer discussion, and that should be your goal. You probably won’t book a job or a project solely on the weight of this kit, so consider it the cocktail hour that you hope will lead to a sit-down dinner.
So, how big should it be? And what should be included, especially if you don’t have as many page views or inbound links as other bloggers?
- Do You Have the Courage to be a Blogger? - May 27, 2015
- Instagram: A How-To For Bloggers - May 26, 2015
- Bloggers and Income Reports - May 25, 2015
- Why I Use Nicknames for My Kids on My Blog - May 24, 2015
- 10 Tips to Start Blogging Like A Pro - May 21, 2015
- Must You Be Sneaky to become a Successful Blogger? - May 20, 2015
- Six Secrets to Working with a Blog Designer - May 19, 2015
- FAM Trips – Proper Business Etiquette - May 18, 2015
- Top 5 Basic Tips for Making Videos - May 17, 2015
- 60 Super Helpful Resources for Bloggers - May 14, 2015