If you are looking for a media kit example…especially as a smaller blogger…then you’ve come to the right place.
As a blogger, there are key pieces of information about your blog you want to make sure you share with prospective businesses. Sometimes brands want to get to know a little more about you before they approach you to see if you’re a good fit for their needs. Having a media kit ready to go right on your blog makes your site that much more friendly to companies.
Media Kit Example for Bloggers
Media kits are kind of like resumes — they should be compact, include only the most relevant and timely information and should be a conversation starter. They don’t need to answer all of the questions a brand may have and honestly, it’s better if they don’t.
Consider them like a movie trailer…a great introduction to you and your blog. Brands will use these kits to decide whether or not to move forward with a longer discussion, and that should be your goal. You probably won’t book a job or a project solely on the weight of this kit, so consider it the cocktail hour that you hope will lead to a sit-down dinner.
So, how big should it be? And what should be included, especially if you don’t have as many page views or inbound links as other bloggers?
- 50 Ways To Boost Your Blog Traffic - Aug 27, 2015
- Social Media | Why You Should Be Regularly Auditing Your Social Media Platforms - Aug 26, 2015
- My Essential Blogging Tools - Aug 25, 2015
- Social Media | Mastering Twitter - Aug 23, 2015
- 5 Easy Ways To Improve Your SEO - Aug 20, 2015
- 9 Easy Steps to Get Your Blog Groove Back - Aug 19, 2015
- Social Media | Mastering Facebook - Aug 18, 2015
- 5 Easy Ways To Support Fellow Bloggers - Aug 17, 2015
- The 2-Step Process That Will Quickly Grow Your Instagram Followers - Aug 13, 2015
- 25 Useful Tips for Bloggers: How to Use Periscope - Aug 12, 2015