Navigating the complex world of social media can be tricky. There are so many different platforms where you can spend your time: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, oh my!
Rest assured that things are not as difficult as they might seem.
Over the years, we’ve spent time focusing on the different social media platforms out there, covering best use practices and helping bloggers to understand how social media can be used to amplify the content they are writing.
What’s In Your Social Media Toolbox?
Once you find a social media platform (or two) that works for you, spend your time cultivating fans/followers and engaging. The trick is not to spread yourself too thin and be successful everywhere, but rather to focus your efforts. When you do, you’ll see the results in terms of page views and engagement on your blog.
We are continually chatting it up on Twitter. While it may seem fast-paced in the beginning, give it time. Twitter is a great way to make connections and even find blog post ideas.
- New to Twitter? Then Start With This Post
- Twitter Party Made Easy: A How To Guide
- Top 5 Tips to Make the Most of a Twitter Party
- How to Get Followers on Twitter: A Savvy Girl’s Guide
- How to Use Hootsuite
- Schedule Tweets With Buffer Video Tutorial
Admit it. Even your grandmother is on Facebook. Although you may not be inclined to set up a fan page right away for your blog, you should understand what makes one successful.
- The SITS Girls Secrets For Growing Your Facebook Fanpage Revealed
- How to Share a Link on Facebook and Get Clicks Back to Your Blog
- 3 Secrets To Getting Facebook Fans And Increasing Engagement
- 5 Ways You Are Failing Facebook
Pinterest is a virtual pin board for images, where you categorize things that you love and want to remember by topic.
- How to Use Pinterest to Increase Your Blog Readership
- How To Link Your Blog to Your Pinterest Profile (and Other Ways to Get Traffic)
- How to Put a Pinterest Pin Button on Your Blog
- Get More Followers: Secrets To Rapid Pinterest Growth For Bloggers
- Do’s And Don’ts Of Pinterest
- How To Make A Graphic That Gets Pinned
StumbleUpon can be a great way to give a boost to your pageviews and get more eyes on your blog posts.
- How To Use StumbleUpon
- How to Get Visitors to Your Blog Using StumbleUpon
- Mistakes to Avoid on StumbleUpon
The jury is still out on Google Plus. Will it be the “next big thing?” Maybe! The point is that you should be in the know about how to set up a page and use it when you are ready.
- Five Easy Steps To Getting Started On Google+
- Google Plus Guide: Hanging Out On Google+
- How to Set Up a Google Plus Page for Your Blog
- Why You Need to Be on Google Plus Yesterday
- Google Plus Events are Redefining Social Media
Instagram is our latest love. We first crossed paths early in 2012 and haven’t looked back since. Think of it like Facebook, except far fewer words and way more beautiful pictures.