It seems there is never a shortage of new Facebook hacks, viruses, and the like. Most of them can be treated as “noise”, or just watched to see how they go, relying on our set of security tools.
But other times, some come to our attention and warrant action.
How Does a Facebook Hack Work?
Did you know several readily available applications can capture Facebook traffic on both wired and wireless networks? It’s trivial to download one of these applications and just start harvesting logon credentials whenever anyone fires up Facebook. Once captured, these can be used to log into the account as the owner.
How You Can Protect Yourself from a Facebook Hack
Preventing a Facebook hack and keeping your online account safe is as simple as using the Facebook Connection Security Configuration.
Check out the below tutorial for step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
- 35 Ways to Increase Your Pinterest Traffic Starting Now - Feb 27, 2015
- 7 Tips for New Bloggers - Feb 25, 2015
- How to Write a Guest Post - Feb 24, 2015
- Daily Blogging Checklist & A Free Printable - Feb 23, 2015
- How to Find Ideas for Blog Posts - Feb 20, 2015
- Help! My Blog Was Hacked! - Feb 19, 2015
- 3 Basic Ways to Increase Blog Traffic - Feb 18, 2015
- How to Get More Comments - Feb 17, 2015
- Inside a Blogger’s Phone: 13 Must-Have Smartphone Apps For Blogging - Feb 16, 2015
- How to Build a Community Using Twitter - Feb 16, 2015