It seems there is never a shortage of new Facebook hacks, viruses, and the like. Most of them can be treated as “noise”, or just watched to see how they go, relying on our set of security tools.
But other times, some come to our attention and warrant action.
How Does a Facebook Hack Work?
Did you know several readily available applications can capture Facebook traffic on both wired and wireless networks? It’s trivial to download one of these applications and just start harvesting logon credentials whenever anyone fires up Facebook. Once captured, these can be used to log into the account as the owner.
How You Can Protect Yourself from a Facebook Hack
Preventing a Facebook hack and keeping your online account safe is as simple as using the Facebook Connection Security Configuration.
Check out the below tutorial for step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
- Schedule Social Media in Only an Hour a Week - Oct 20, 2016
- 5 Ways to Stay Motivated as a Telecommuter - Oct 19, 2016
- 5 Things to Do Immediately After a Conference - Oct 18, 2016
- Finding Your “Why”: Part 3 - Oct 17, 2016
- Email Marketing for Bloggers: 8 Tips to Get You Started - Oct 16, 2016
- 6 Ways to Make Blogging Easier - Oct 13, 2016
- Top Blogging Conferences In Canada And The United States - Oct 12, 2016
- 3 Problems We Face In Life (And How To Solve Them) - Oct 11, 2016
- If You Aren’t Using Twitter Lists You Should Be! Here’s Why and How. - Oct 10, 2016
- How To Increase Your Twitter Followers Organically - Oct 9, 2016