It seems there is never a shortage of new Facebook hacks, viruses, and the like. Most of them can be treated as “noise”, or just watched to see how they go, relying on our set of security tools.
But other times, some come to our attention and warrant action.
How Does a Facebook Hack Work?
Did you know several readily available applications can capture Facebook traffic on both wired and wireless networks? It’s trivial to download one of these applications and just start harvesting logon credentials whenever anyone fires up Facebook. Once captured, these can be used to log into the account as the owner.
How You Can Protect Yourself from a Facebook Hack
Preventing a Facebook hack and keeping your online account safe is as simple as using the Facebook Connection Security Configuration.
Check out the below tutorial for step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
- How to Navigate Twitter - Jan 30, 2015
- Why Brainstorming is Essential To Blogging [Free Printable] - Jan 29, 2015
- Display Popular Posts Without a Plugin or Image Map - Jan 28, 2015
- 10 Fun Free Fonts - Jan 27, 2015
- How to Put the YOU in YouTube in 9 Steps - Jan 26, 2015
- Avoid Blogger Burnout - Jan 23, 2015
- Post Scheduling Changes on Facebook - Jan 22, 2015
- How to Stay Motivated to Keep Blogging - Jan 21, 2015
- Three Tips for Using Facebook as a Blogger - Jan 20, 2015
- Blog Building Strategy – Link Parties - Jan 19, 2015