It seems there is never a shortage of new Facebook hacks, viruses, and the like. Most of them can be treated as “noise”, or just watched to see how they go, relying on our set of security tools.
But other times, some come to our attention and warrant action.
How Does a Facebook Hack Work?
Did you know several readily available applications can capture Facebook traffic on both wired and wireless networks? It’s trivial to download one of these applications and just start harvesting logon credentials whenever anyone fires up Facebook. Once captured, these can be used to log into the account as the owner.
How You Can Protect Yourself from a Facebook Hack
Preventing a Facebook hack and keeping your online account safe is as simple as using the Facebook Connection Security Configuration.
Check out the below tutorial for step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
- Facebook for Bloggers: The Basics - Mar 27, 2015
- 3 Ways to Promote Your Blog by Sharing Food Posts - Mar 26, 2015
- 10 Things I Wish I Had Known When I Started Blogging - Mar 25, 2015
- Mobile Responsive Blog Design & Google Search - Mar 24, 2015
- 10 Useful Blogging Websites Every Blogger Should Know - Mar 24, 2015
- How to Start a Successful Blog - Mar 23, 2015
- How to Conquer Pinterest & Harness it for Major Traffic to your Blog - Mar 20, 2015
- Free Blog Planners & Spreadsheets - Mar 19, 2015
- Self Hosting and Your Blog - Mar 18, 2015
- Increase your YouTube Views and Subscribers | 6 Ways to Get More Views on YouTube - Mar 17, 2015