It seems there is never a shortage of new Facebook hacks, viruses, and the like. Most of them can be treated as “noise”, or just watched to see how they go, relying on our set of security tools.
But other times, some come to our attention and warrant action.
How Does a Facebook Hack Work?
Did you know several readily available applications can capture Facebook traffic on both wired and wireless networks? It’s trivial to download one of these applications and just start harvesting logon credentials whenever anyone fires up Facebook. Once captured, these can be used to log into the account as the owner.
How You Can Protect Yourself from a Facebook Hack
Preventing a Facebook hack and keeping your online account safe is as simple as using the Facebook Connection Security Configuration.
Check out the below tutorial for step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
- Six Tips to Tame Your Social Media Addiction - Jun 29, 2015
- The 1 Thing You Can Do Today to Start Making Money From Your Blog - Jun 28, 2015
- Why I Stopped Promoting My Blog - Jun 25, 2015
- How to Add a Signature to Your Blog Posts - Jun 24, 2015
- 7 Tips for Working from Home When You Have a Small Child - Jun 23, 2015
- What are HTML and CSS? - Jun 22, 2015
- 5 Key Elements for Your Sidebar - Jun 21, 2015
- Improve Your Blog Photos with Props you Already Own! - Jun 18, 2015
- How to Refuel Your Creative Spark for Blogging - Jun 17, 2015
- The Number 1 Thing to Do Today to Increase Blogging Income - Jun 16, 2015