It seems there is never a shortage of new Facebook hacks, viruses, and the like. Most of them can be treated as “noise”, or just watched to see how they go, relying on our set of security tools.
But other times, some come to our attention and warrant action.
How Does a Facebook Hack Work?
Did you know several readily available applications can capture Facebook traffic on both wired and wireless networks? It’s trivial to download one of these applications and just start harvesting logon credentials whenever anyone fires up Facebook. Once captured, these can be used to log into the account as the owner.
How You Can Protect Yourself from a Facebook Hack
Preventing a Facebook hack and keeping your online account safe is as simple as using the Facebook Connection Security Configuration.
Check out the below tutorial for step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
- I have a Blog… Now What?!? - Aug 30, 2016
- How I Rebranded My Blog - Aug 29, 2016
- 8 Things Bloggers Don’t Have to Do - Aug 28, 2016
- Hashtags That Work! - Aug 25, 2016
- How to Use Blog Categories Successfully - Aug 24, 2016
- How to Choose the Right Domain Name - Aug 23, 2016
- The EAE Guide To HTML - Aug 22, 2016
- 12 iPhone Photography Tips to Make Your Photos Pop - Aug 21, 2016
- 7 Things I Wish I’d Known Before Buying a Budget DSLR - Aug 18, 2016
- Five Ways To Be A More Organized Blogger - Aug 17, 2016