It seems there is never a shortage of new Facebook hacks, viruses, and the like. Most of them can be treated as “noise”, or just watched to see how they go, relying on our set of security tools.
But other times, some come to our attention and warrant action.
How Does a Facebook Hack Work?
Did you know several readily available applications can capture Facebook traffic on both wired and wireless networks? It’s trivial to download one of these applications and just start harvesting logon credentials whenever anyone fires up Facebook. Once captured, these can be used to log into the account as the owner.
How You Can Protect Yourself from a Facebook Hack
Preventing a Facebook hack and keeping your online account safe is as simple as using the Facebook Connection Security Configuration.
Check out the below tutorial for step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
- Time Management Tools and Tips for Bloggers - Feb 26, 2017
- Make Money on Your Blog Without Clogging Up Your Sidebars - Feb 23, 2017
- Working With Squarespace SEO + 3 Myths Busted - Feb 22, 2017
- How to Attend a Blogging Conference on a Budget - Feb 21, 2017
- 12 Simple Things You Can Do to Market Your Business - Feb 20, 2017
- How to Pin Quicker - Feb 19, 2017
- My Evernote System: UPDATED! - Feb 16, 2017
- How Guest Blogging Can Help Your Blog Become Popular - Feb 15, 2017
- Utilizing Automation For Your Business - Feb 14, 2017
- Leveraging Pinfluencers to Drive Traffic to Your Site - Feb 13, 2017