It seems there is never a shortage of new Facebook hacks, viruses, and the like. Most of them can be treated as “noise”, or just watched to see how they go, relying on our set of security tools.
But other times, some come to our attention and warrant action.
How Does a Facebook Hack Work?
Did you know several readily available applications can capture Facebook traffic on both wired and wireless networks? It’s trivial to download one of these applications and just start harvesting logon credentials whenever anyone fires up Facebook. Once captured, these can be used to log into the account as the owner.
How You Can Protect Yourself from a Facebook Hack
Preventing a Facebook hack and keeping your online account safe is as simple as using the Facebook Connection Security Configuration.
Check out the below tutorial for step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
- 3 Google Analytics Reports to Help You Grow Your Blog - Jan 23, 2017
- 5 Blogging Tools to Increase Productivity - Jan 22, 2017
- A Road Map to Blog Better - Jan 19, 2017
- Pitching Brands: 7 Places To Find The Right Person To Pitch - Jan 18, 2017
- Don’t Recreate the Wheel – Improve It! - Jan 17, 2017
- Switch Blog Post Images, Preserve Pinterest Pins - Jan 16, 2017
- Where To Find Blogger & Influencer Outreach Programs - Jan 15, 2017
- Twitter: What Not to Do - Jan 12, 2017
- 5 Simple Steps to Promote Your Blog on Pinterest - Jan 11, 2017
- Make Rest A Priority: Go Ahead, Be Selfish Once In Awhile! - Jan 10, 2017