We all know blogging is about more than simply hitting “publish” on a post and being done with it. It’s also about community and about joining in different social media platforms to promote our posts and get to know other bloggers and our readers.
But, there are only so many hours in a day. So while you might attempt to spend some time on each social media platform every day, most bloggers have their favorite. We asked some of our SITStahs to share which one they prefer and why.
- It’s so hard to pick one! I used to love Facebook, but it’s hard to keep up with their ever changing format and rules. However, I think it’s still my favorite. For one, I know how to use it! And even with the annoying quirks, it’s still a great way to share pictures, posts, and interact with others. -Adrienne, The Mommy Mess
- Gonna have to go with Facebook! Maybe it’s because of the complete and utter lack of anything threatening about that platform (because everyone and their grandma has a profile)…or maybe because you can really have a fun back and forth at any time…but I get responses from folks on Facebook who would never in a million years leave a blog comment. Or repin a post. Oddly enough, most of my blog traffic comes from Facebook and from non-bloggers! -Keely, Lollygag Blog
- Facebook is my fav! It’s just plain easy to use. Its easy to keep up and look up everything! Too bad they keep changing it. You don’t have to use hash tags. You are not limited to a specific # of characters. -Wanda, Recreate and Decorate
- I like Twitter best for connecting with other bloggers. Also for sharing my posts and for retweeting posts by others that I like. -Denise, According to Denise
- For blogging, my favorite platform is Twitter. The conversation is easy, people are friendly, and I can quickly get a response or feedback when I ask/say something. I also get more traffic if I send out a link through there rather than on Facebook. -Kimberly, Reflections of Now
- My favorite platform, even though I haven’t been on it much lately, is Twitter. I feel like I’m texting with friends. You can jump in on conversations, spread the news of a great post and/or just have fun. It is the one platform where I don’t pay attention to the numbers. I go there when I want to be reminded of why I started blogging in the first place…to meet new people and find new interests. Facebook is my second favorite. I don’t have huge numbers like some other fan pages but I have a wonderful group of people that support me and make it fun. -Kristen, The Preppy Girl in Pink
- I just love Twitter. I love the interaction and the quick response I get from there. -Rach, Life Ever Since
- I really like using Twitter…I feel like you get more immediate responses than you do using FB. -Natalie, From Corporate to Domestic
- My favorite social media platform right now, is Pinterest. I love it not for its traffic-driving capabilities (although I’ve had some great traffic from it for certain posts), but for the fact that I find great content on it – be it recipes, parenting advice, or unique Etsy products. I can’t say away! -Alison, Writing, Wishing
- I’m a visual thinker. Pinterest just “gets” me. -Kelly, KellyTirman.com
- Pinterest is a must have tool in my content strategy toolbox. I use it to curate great content and I use it to brainstorm and get inspired for content I create. -Yuliya, She Suggests
- Facebook has been my favorite social media site for a long time, and it drives the most traffic to my blog. But I am really falling in love with Google+. It isn’t driving the same amount of traffic as facebook, but it is good for SEO, and the hangout feature is a great way to connect with readers and other bloggers. -Tracie, From Tracie
- I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite yet, but what I’m seeing on G+ are more meaningful interactions and conversations between less close acquaintances. In my case, writers sharing resources and having discussions in the Communities, with far more ease than I’ve found on any other platform. -Cameron, http://camerondgarriepy.com/
- I keep seeing how beneficial it is. I like the communities a lot. Been becoming more active here in the last week or so. -Julie, http://soldierswifecrazylife.com