This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Morgan of The 818.com makes me smile. She’s a fellow resident of Southern California, working in the Entertainment Industry, from home. At The 818.com, you’ll find Morgan “oversharing” her personal life (complete with curse words-but not the posts linked to here), and she also blogs regularly about art and design. Did I mention that she’s a wife, mother and screenwriter? Let’s give Morgan a warm SITS welcome!
How did your blog emerge, and how has it changed since it’s inception?
Ahhh, this is my favorite question. At the time I was working in advertising and always coming across bizarre things. Like THIS. That link is gross, but it’s literally the reason I started The818. Within a month I’d been knocked up and laid off, and it quickly became a journal of the panic that came with my pop-up new life.
Motherhood isn’t the only thing that defines you. What other things would we find interesting about you?
Thank you – I like to think I’m not all Mom Jeans and coffee stains either. I work full time from home – I’m a screenwriter. Yes the Hollywood kind. No, you haven’t seen anything I’ve written. (Except probably quite a few of my TV commercials from the Ad lackey days.)
But coming 2013 the studio that brought you Twilight and the Dude that produced The Social Network are going to change all that. My first movie is called “We’re Not Dating.” and (knock wood) IT WILL ONE DAY SOON BE IN THEATERS!!!!
Also I collect spoons from every place I visit.
You suffered from Post-Partum Depression after the birth of your daughter. How’d you work through it?
A lot of therapy. A lot of support. I’m still working through it every day because the social anxiety it left behind is something I never struggled with before. But there is so much light at the end of that tunnel and I am so in love with my little girl – if you are a Mom who is struggling, PLEASE know that your mind is playing tricks on you and you WILL get better.
Tell us about the American Idol Finale you attended.
Oh my god, my head is still spinning. Gaga. Bono. Beyonce. Steven Tyler’s rendition of Dream On was incredible. Gladys Knight nearly knocked me off of my seat. J Lo is officially the hottest thing on two legs. And Gordon Ramsay kissed me on the cheek and told me to “behave” when I confessed to him that he is in fact on “my list.” If you know what I’m saying. And amazing night, and Ford really treated me like a queen. I can’t thank them enough.
Tell us about topics you most like to write about.
Life. I like to tell stories. I strive to share that one thing that maybe no one else has told you that will make you feel like you aren’t alone out there.
Also I am a freak for all things architecture and interiors. So you see plenty of that on my neck of the internet. I also get to write about it for Cargoh.com, so I get an excuse to search for cool houses and innovative design online all day.
Labor of Love: LOVE this nursery!
Social Media is a Warm Gun: Depression is a “slippery sucker”.
Purgeday Thursday (Yes, I’m still calling it that): This closet makeover is pretty extraordinary.
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 1, 2020
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - May 6, 2019
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016