This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s my pleasure to introduce to you today’s featured blogger, Samantha. Samantha blogs at A Change of Pace and tell us that she “is a ‘US military brat’ turned Navy wife whose life never fails to turn topsy-turvy on a whim. Her life centers around her family, her passion for writing, living the military life of constant change, and striving to reach a renewed sense of health and happiness”.
What can readers expect to find when visiting your blog for the first time?
My blog is a hodgepodge of personal journaling and life musings with a little bit of healthy living and recipes sprinkled in between. It’s my little corner of the Internet where I can pursue my passion for writing, document my life, and deal with the changes I endure as a military spouse. Currently, it’s undergoing a slight shift in topics due to an exciting new chapter in my life; my husband and I are currently expecting our first child, who’s due to arrive in July! Adjusting to the idea of becoming a mom, documenting my pregnancy, and preparing for his arrival have completely taken over my life, my thoughts, and my blog.
Why did you start your blog?
Writing has always been my passion and my lifeline. Since I was little, my free time was spent sprawled out across my bed, surrounded by notebooks filled with intimate thoughts and creative stories. In the years following my college graduation, I slowly drifted from this passion, but in April of 2009, I finally realized that writing is so much a part of me that I feel toxic if I don’t do it. Starting A Change of Pace was a means of finding my way back to what I love and need. It’s also a way for me to better document my life as I live it and better embrace life’s changes.
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Above all, I enjoy interacting with my readers and other bloggers. Through my blog and blogging communities like SITS, I’ve met so many women with interests and lifestyles similar to mine, cultivated so many friendships, and received so much useful advice.
How has your degree in Journalism played a part in your blog?
Thanks to my education, I hold myself to a high standard of ethics, and I always strive to be honest and fair to the best of my ability. It also makes me cringe when I stumble upon incorrect spelling and grammar; I always feel the need to scour my writing for errors before posting!
Ten Things I Would Do If I Weren’t Afraid: This is a beautiful, honest list.
The Story of Us: The Night We Met (Part 1) & (Part 2): I love hearing about how love bloomed!
Inspiration is Wonderful When It Happens: Samantha’s poetry is inspired!
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 1, 2020
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - May 6, 2019
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016