This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Carina is the mom whose three boys are the inspiration behind A Punk, A Pumpkin, & A Peanut. Her blog chronicles the adventures her family faces each day as her little rascals grow. With 3 boys all very close in age, I’d guess that Carina is one busy mama!
When did you begin your blog, and why?
Like so many, I started the blog as a way for family and friends to keep up with our first child. Then, when we decided to adopt 18 months later, it became a way for others to go through that journey with us. And then, when I got pregnant during the adoption process and found out we would have two baby boys within a four month period, I knew a good story or two would come out of what we experience on a daily basis.
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
A few months ago my husband asked me why I blog. After some thought and consideration, I realized that it really helps me to focus on the positive in all the things we go through as a family, and more specifically, for me as a mother to three (very) young boys. It is so easy to get caught up in how hard it can be, how tiring, how messy… but the truth is, each of them is such a gift in our lives, and has opened the door to experience such blessings. Blogging helps turn my mind toward all the things I can be grateful for. And there is a lot.
What was your most memorable vacation?
I traveled a lot before I was married. I have been to South America, Australia, Europe and Africa. I love experiencing new cultures, meeting new people, and taking in new landscape. All of those trips were memorable in their own way. I married someone who could just travel in our own state for the rest of his life and be totally content – thankfully we’ve learned to compromise! With all of the amazing places I’ve ventured on my own, the best vacations by far have been with my husband and our boys. Even if it’s just a beach trip a few hours away, doing something fun together makes it memorable. Just this last week, Nick and I took our first vacation alone since our honeymoon – and it was awesome.
If you could have one act of service rendered to you, what would it be?
Weekly housekeeping for the rest of my life. Does that count as one act of service?
He’s Not Yours Is He?: Think before you speak! That’s the moral of this story.
I’ve Been Duped: Don’t believe any gizmos claims that their product will make your child sleep in…..
Focusing On Blessings: Carina focuses on her blessings, and it’s beautiful.
Carina’s answer to why she started blogging and then how that purpose changed as she went along got us thinking…we want to know why YOU started blogging, and in what ways have your blogging goals changed over time as well. Or have they? Come discuss with us in Memories in Motion today!
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020