This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s give Lynn of Autism Army Mom a warm SITS welcome! Lynn is an ungraceful, unhinged and unwilling draftee into the autism army. I love that her header is so descriptive; one knows exactly what to expect when visiting her blog.
Let’s get to know Lynn a little bit better!
How was your blog “born”?
I had actually started writing a memoir about life with my daughter, mostly covering the early years of her autism diagnosis. But I quickly found out that no one is interested in publishing a book by a nobody. Everyone suggested that I start a blog in order to connect with an audience of like-minded special needs (as well as non-special needs) parents.
In what ways is your blog different than every other blog?
When I first started blogging, I felt that the blogs out there were either humorous mommy blogs or kinda somber special needs blogs. I thought it could be unique to combine the two, and create a blog that was light-hearted and humorous in its approach towards special needs parenting. Trust me, no one needs a laugh more than a special needs parent!
Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
I hadn’t read that many blogs before I started writing my own, so I didn’t know that a lot of people “anonymize” them. My daughter was only 5 years old when I started, but in 5 years she’ll be nearly 12. I’m quite positive that I won’t have a non-anonymous blog out there about my pubescent special needs daughter. I expect that I will be blogging more anonymously and/or more generally about autism and less specifically about my daughter. For a multitude of reasons, nothing would please me more than my daughter coming to me and telling me to stop blogging about her!
I know everyone says the same thing, but in my case it’s so true…I love all of the people that I’ve met since I’ve been blogging. I could quite literally travel to any state in the union (and even a few other countries) and have a family that I would love to meet and spend time with!
Top 10 Bad Ideas for a Blog Post: This list packs more of a punch than you might expect!
Audrey Unsupervised: A list of what Lynn thinks Audrey will spend her money on when she’s an adult.
The Adventures of Large Arse and Small Child: All about pseudonym’s. Hilarious.
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020