This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Brandy of Confessions of a Crafty Housewife has found that a positive outlook on life and knowing who she really is (aside from her labels as wife, mother, etc.) are “key elements in living an overall happy and fulfilling life”. This comes through loud and clear on her blog and it’s a pleasure to visit. Let’s show Brandy how much positivity the SITstah’s have too!
What can we expect when visiting your blog?
Expect anything and everything. I am a stay at home mom with 3 precocious boys and an equally wonderful husband. Being a stay at home mom requires that you be skilled in a wide variety of tasks, which in turn leads to an equally wide variety of hobbies. I truly believe that your life’s work can be great no matter what setting it finds you in. I share my life, my failures, and my triumphs in all things with the hope that it inspire and entertain my readers.
Give us your “elevator pitch”.
My passion is for the home and the family. My goal is to find ways to strengthen and enhance the family unit, while helping to teach the next generation the same life skills. I think it’s very important for women who are stay at home moms to be able to find value and accomplishment in their work even though there are no prizes or accolades. It’s also important to find creative ways to help support the family, which is why I am working on a new line of products for a home business. (You’ll have to wait and find out more soon, so check back!)
Tell us about your “housewife rules”.
At first glance, the “rules” seem pretty funny and far-fetched. Realistically, these things aren’t always possible, although in doing them (some of them atleast) you show your appreciation and care for your husband and family. Some days we are lucky to all be alive and unscathed when Mr. CH arrives home. Really it boils down to this, my job is in the home and so I take what I do seriously, just as my husband takes his job seriously. It’s about putting other’s needs before your own. (Prov. 31)
What do you love best about being a mother?
Being a mom has taught me so many things about myself that I never knew. For instance, did you know that you can carry 4 bags, 3 cups, 2 babies, and a carseat all while opening the door? Now that’s multitasking! Did you know that the TV show Dirty Jobs has nothing on my two year old’s poopy diapers? Did you know that waking up to your babies surrounding you and smiling at you is the best feeling in the world? Or when my 8 year old was baptized? No way can I choose just one thing as my favorite mothering aspect. If my boys aren’t making me laugh, then they are amazing me in one way or another. Hands down the best…job…ever!
Any organization tips you’d like to share with us?
Keeping your home organized will not only limit chaos and create peace, but it will also increase your play time!
- Consistently teach your children as they grow to pick up their toys before naptime and bedtime. I have large toy bins for each child so they sort their toys accordingly. (Toy bins get purged before birthdays and holidays).
- Spend 10 minutes 3 times a day doing a quick pick up of the house to keep clutter under control.
- Pick one room each week to do a hefty cleaning on. Purge unnecessary items as this will help with organization.
- Invest in bins and labels so that you can keep like items together and make them easier to find.
A Salutation of Courtesy: Southern women’s etiquette says they must greet one with a smile. 🙂
Canning Day: You’ll be impressed. I guarantee it.
Easy Dinner Ideas: A few quick and easy dinner ideas you won’t want to miss.
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020