This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Victoria is the creative and whimsical driving force behind A Subtle Revelry, a design blog that I’m in love with. Victoria shares her skills as an event and prop stylist on her blog, and does it beautifully!
If you could sum up your blog in one sentence, what would it be?
A place where merry making becomes an art form.
What was the inspiration behind the name of your blog?
A Subtle Revelry was chosen to express my passion of merry making, cheer bringing & party throwing in the most subtle of ways. I find it the perfect word combination to describe what pours out of my mind and heart daily with my readers. An artistic rendering of the passion we share for well styled, handcrafted celebrations.
How did you become an event and prop stylist?
I have a background in event coordination and have always had a slight love affair with design. After leaving the work place to stay home with my babies found I was in need of a creative outlet. I began my business in May of last year and it has been incredible. I adore that I actually get paid to craft and style the most important details of celebrations. Seriously it is the best job in the universe! I’ve also quickly fallen in love with the amazing opportunities to style photo shoots and magazine spreads as a freelance stylist.
How did you develop your style with an emphasis in unique and handcrafted items?
Since I started my business as a creative outlet (not necessarily to make money) I just began designing in the ways that were most fun and natural to me. The majority of my events have a heavy dose of crafting involved and I quickly found out there was a pretty decent market for well styled, hand crafted details- which has been just icing on the cake!
I often look to art, interior design, or even my experiences as a mom for inspiration, and I love the chance to share that through my blog. Keeping a public record of my past projects and my current inspiration has really helped to define and tweak my style into what you might see me produce today.
What is your favorite thing about having twins?
Having twin toddlers is the most incredibly difficult and joyous experience of my entire life. I adore the stage we are in right now because their personalities are really beginning to shine through. My daughter is truly a little version of me, spending her days organizing her dolls and wiping down the table to help, “keen de kiken”. Seeing how much they love each other is also an amazing benefit; there is nothing better than walking in to see them snuggled up in bed together!
Cake in the Tree: For one of the most original party ideas I’ve ever seen, you must check this out!
Chalkboard Flags: Did you know that you can make chalkboard paint in any color you like?
Reason to Celebrate #83: Part of a series on her blog, this is the cutest winter time idea I’ve seen in a long time!
Special thanks to Visual Serendipity, our latest sponsor! Visual Serendipity is a full service blog and web design service provider. From now through the end of February, anyone from SITS will receive a level upgrade with every purchased design package! And don’t forget to enter our Visual Serendipity $250 Deluxe blog redesign!
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - May 6, 2019
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 4, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016