This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Danielle is a doula and child birth educator by trade and the voice behind the blog, The Elwood Family. The Elwood Family blog chronicles Danielle’s families happenings, and showcases some really cute kids!
If you could sum up your blog in one sentence, what would it be?
My blog is about my family: things we do together, things I can vent about, and all kinds of activities I do with my boys. It’s also a way for our friends and family to keep up with our family.
You work in the pregnancy and birth community. How long have you been doing so, and what is the most fulfilling part of your job within that community?
I have been working in the pregnancy and birth community for about 6 years now. I have learned so much, but mainly that education is key. I would say what’s most fulfilling is helping mothers avoid the kind of birth experience I had with my oldest son, which was not nice at all!
What exactly is a doula, and why should one use one?
A doula is a for hire birth coach in so many words. She is an advocate for the mother, and her wishes, so in most cases her partner can focus on her completely instead of helping mom stay comfortable, or talking with Doctors and Nurses about her wishes and preferences. I personally find doulas important because they provide a lot of great options for mothers, one of the best being lower c-section rates!
If you could give us one bit of pregnancy/birthing advice, what would it be?
My biggest advice for mothers or about pregnancy and birth is take a childbirth class!
Playing in the Snow: When the Elwood family got a whooper storm, they enjoyed it!
It’s a ?: Danielle reveals the gender of her baby.
Toddler Vs. Work: Danielle’s son does not like his daddy leaving for work.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We’d like to take a moment to thank another of our fabulous sponsors today…Reading Kingdom! It’s a fun, easy-to-use online program that teaches children 4-10 years old how to read and write to a third grade level.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Reading Kingdom program, then check out their Facebook page. They are giving everyone two of the Story Smarts for FREE!
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 1, 2020
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - May 6, 2019
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016