This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Elizabeth Obih-Frank believes in positive kismet/fate. Her blog, Mirth and Motivation, is a reflection of this belief and her place to share motivational, goodwill pieces and more. Today, Elizabeth is helping us ease our way to the Thanksgiving dinner table, while remembering to be truly thankful.
Thanksgiving is an occasion to pause, reflect and take stock. The Thanksgiving dinner, which is a uniquely American tradition, offers a fantastic opportunity for us to count our blessings, while sharing a wonderful feast with our friends and family. Often, in our rush to get the perfect chinaware, table settings, stuffed turkey and desserts for our guests, we forget to stop and say a prayer or give thanks for others; folks who have limited resources or who may be going through hard times, and friends who have quietly or overtly helped us throughout the year.
Before sitting down to your Thanksgiving table this year, here are a few simple acts of gratitude you might consider…
- Before Thanksgiving Day arrives, jot down and share 10 things you are thankful/grateful for in 2010 and 10 ways you’d like to give back to others.
- Send a thank you email to 10 friends and/or family members specifically identifying the reasons you are grateful to have them your life.
- Identify a homeless shelter in your area and deliver food/clothing to them; a special dish on Thanksgiving Day would be perfect.
- Perform a random act of kindness on at least one person you don’t know and, if the spirit moves you, start today and perform one random act of kindness each day for the next 10 days.
- Deliver a bouquet of flowers to a stranger in your local hospital with a note that identifies them as someone you are honoring/praying for this Thanksgiving season.
- Write a thank you post to your readers, fellow bloggers and definitely for the SITS Girls Community to show your appreciation for the support and comment love you’ve received.
For more ideas on how to give back this holiday season, be sure to visit Elizabeth at Mirth and Motivation. While there, you might also enjoy reading about:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Would you like to be featured on our website and get a nice bump in traffic and followers? Then let us showcase your blog! Read about how to get involved here.
And, as always, when you see this button:
Be sure to support your fellow SITStah & leave a comment!
- Strolling In The Park With The Ergobaby 180 Reversible Stroller - May 20, 2018
- How To Set Up A Home Video Studio - Dec 18, 2017
- Welcome To The Sway — The New Home Of The SITS Girls! - Jun 8, 2017
- Writing Fundamentals: 4 Things To Do Before Publishing - Nov 2, 2016
- A Letter To Our Community - May 24, 2016
- Ready to POP! Tiffany’s Baby Shower - Jan 22, 2016
- Invisalign: More than Just a Pretty Smile. - Mar 13, 2015
- Invisalign: Does it hurt? - Sep 8, 2014
- Does Invisalign Work? - Aug 1, 2014
- Smile It Forward - Nov 20, 2013
- Don’t Let This Halloween Haunt You! Basic Do’s and Don’ts For Busy Parents - Oct 26, 2013
- Getting a Second Opinon - Sep 27, 2013
- Parenting Teens- Developing a Sense of Responsibility - Aug 27, 2013
- Fabulous Custom Canvas: 30% Off! - Aug 26, 2013
- Smile Down the Aisle - Jun 26, 2013