This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s give Mindy of Mimi Marie Design our warmest SITS welcome. Mindy is a graphic designer, crafter and part-time preschool teacher. At Mimi Marie Design you’ll find custom party design, custom pet tags and custom wood signs and frames. She also makes all sorts of bottle cap crafts that you’ll LOVE!
How did your blog emerge?
My blog emerged when I didn’t go back to work after my daughter was born. I was trying to find ways to keep connected with people and a way to showcase what I love to do. A blog seemed perfect!
How do you see your blog in 5 years?
I am hoping that it has a new design and that I have a million followers… hehe.
You are an art instructor. What do you teach?
I am an art instructor in the summer. I teach art camps and we do painting, clay, conte crayons, etc. I am actually taking this summer off and I went back part-time to my old preschool job. I have been teaching 4 year olds since May while running my side business in my off hours. It is so much fun!
What is your favorite kind of post to write?
I love to write posts about crafts that I came up with or something unique that I found online. I love sharing other people’s creations on my blog for all to see. That is what SITS is all about… supporting our fellow bloggers!
Have you ever had a craft, graphic design or art project turn out totally different than you’d planned?
Hmmm…. yes, I have had a graphic design project turn out different than planned… actually many times! The time that stands out the most is the time that I started making my wall plaques. I had bought a cricut cutting machine at walmart and I was super excited to craft with it! I really wanted to cut out some cute vinyl sayings for my daughter’s rooms…but instead…. I ended up going and buying some cull lumber from Home Depot and when I got home, I started whipping out really cute vinyl signs. I also bought some modge podge and started crafting cute, colorful signs with scrapbook paper. I never thought that a simple craft would turn into something that I sell around town at boutiques! It has been a fun-filled year!:)
I actually met a client on SITS and made some custom vinyl signs for a wedding she was planning. If you have not checked out “Weddings by Jon’ette”, she is fabulous… you must stop by and say hi!
Our Trip to my Parents Farm House in Washington: These pictures make me want to go visit the Farm House!
Love Your Soles: You’ll have to read on to find out about this “shoe” journey with Mimi Marie Design.
4 Year Old with Glasses: Some kids need glasses, and Mindy’s daughter girl rocks her new spec’s!
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 1, 2020
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - May 6, 2019
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016