This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s my special pleasure to introduce to you one of my favorite bloggers, Rachel from Mommy Needs a Vacation. Rachel is a model SITStah, and has been for a LONG time. She always leaves thoughtful and funny comments, ones that always make me smile. Let’s give Rachel a warm SITS welcome, and while we are at it, wish her her best birthday yet!
How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I have been blogging a little over a year now. I started blogging because frankly I needed a release. I also felt a need to connect with other moms outside of my IRL mom friends. Blogging is also FUN and a perfect distraction from naughty children. Plus, I like to make people laugh. Laughing is the key to a long happy life.
In what ways do you benefit from blogging?
The #1 way I benefit from blogging is knowing that I am NOT ALONE in this crazy ride called parenthood. I love writing about something horrific that happened during a standard day with my kids and just hearing, “I have SO been there.”, “I know what you mean, I feel the same way.” Or just a simple, “Hang in there!” I do not sugar coat a thing. I tell it like it is and I think readers appreciate that and can relate.
Do your friends and family know about your blog? If no, why not? If yes, are they supportive?
My friends and family do know about my blog although sometimes I wish they didn’t. They give me some excellent material that I just can’t bring myself to write about without knowingly hurting someone’s feelings. But man…I am talking EXCELLENT material. My family is supportive and learned quickly not to give me any advice on what I should or shouldn’t say in a blog post. It is my blog after all. My mom tried to convince me not to use profanity in posts. If you read my blog, you know that I did not listen to my mother.
What is your favorite indulgence?
Wine. Hands down. Boom.
Oh and Twitter. I love a good #hashtag.
Mommy Instinct is Never Wrong: This post proves it!
It Happened at School: In her former life, Rachel was a teacher and this “teacher” story cracks me up!
Spring Break is for Suckers: Read on, I think you might agree….
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020