This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Charlotte’s creation, My Pixie Blog, is a refreshing look at all things the single life offers…including “love, loss, and lessons learned”.
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging about a year ago because I was dealing with a very painful breakup and I wanted to record all the highs and lows. For whatever reason, I had given up on writing for about 10 years (!!) and I was hoping to draw inspiration from some of the darker moments. My writing has changed tremendously from when I first started and I’m happy that my posts are now filled with a lot more love and light.
What inspired the title of your blog?
I have a bit of an obsession with pixies and fairies and wanted to incorporate that theme into my blog. Also, I didn’t want to limit it to breakup stuff only because there is so much more to me than just that.
What makes your blog different than others you read?
I have tried to be as honest with myself (and with my readers) as possible. The raw pain. The tears. Feeling sorry for myself. That’s all in there. But then I started to immerse myself in yoga, meditation, and live music and I reconnected with old friends. And I started to date again. There were definitely some days I was terrified to hit “publish” (primarily the posts where I describe sex after the ex) but they were also the most liberating to write.
What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
I would love to reach out to other women who feel stuck in their relationships and tell them it’s better to be alone and happy than in a relationship and miserable. I put a lot of pressure on my ex because I felt the weight of societal pressure. I can hold off on the wedding, the kids, and the house until the right man comes along (and I’m sure there are other women who can relate). This year I traveled to 15 Phish shows, went on a roadtrip with a recently single girlfriend, and I feel better than I have in years. I am perfectly content to be single.
If you HAD to adopt a dog today, what breed would you choose?
Awww, I love this question because I (heart) dogs 🙂 A beagle, hands down. My parents scored custody of my best friend Linus because they had the backyard and could provide for him in a way I simply couldn’t. But I get visitation rights and I see him as often as possible.
Other popular posts from My Pixie Blog:
Happy Anniversary To Me: Charlotte shares a revelations on the sixth month anniversary of living single.
Passover 2010: Charlotte’s Aunt attempts to set her up.
Muscial Chairs The Mating Edition: How much time DO you need before getting back into dating??
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Would you like to be featured on our website and get a nice bump in traffic and followers? Then let us showcase your blog! Read about how to get involved here.
And, as always, when you see this button:
Be sure to support your fellow SITStah & leave a comment!
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Apr 4, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020