This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tanya from The Chatty Mom turned her blog into a place where she could speak her mind on anything!
What inspired the title of your blog?
Well, who doesn’t like to chat over a big cup of coffee? When I was trying to get together with my friends who are also mommies, I always found myself saying, “Let’s get some coffee and just chat for awhile.” So when I was trying to think up a name for the blog “The Chatty Mom” just seemed to really go hand in hand with my life.
Is anything “off limits” when it comes to topics you will blog about?
As far as the topics go, I always want to keep things very family friendly…the last thing I want is to have something posted that a kiddle (that’s what I call kids) might see on their mom’s laptop and cause problems in their home. I love to share…but there are somethings that little eyes who can read do not need to come in contact with on my site.
Does your family read your blog? Why or why not and how do they feel about it?
The Chatty Mom was started as a way to keep my family up to date with our family’s goings on after we moved from Southern California to the Reno/Tahoe area. SO, yep…they definitely do read it. My Momma & Auntie Li are on there all the time…and always calling to see if I’ve posted anything new since they last checked-in. We’ve enjoyed being able to share stories as well as pictures of the things we’re involved in…not to mention having a place where I’m gathering family recipes that are easily accessible for us all.
What do you love most about blogging?
For me, it’s a creative outlet that I so desperately needed. I’ve always had something in the area of art, stage theater (which Charming hates) or writing in my past…so it was a way for me to tap back in to the “pre-mommy” me and have a bit of a rediscovery.
If you could have a blog makeover, is there anything you would change about your current design?
I love the coloring of my site and the background design. I’m a swirly-kinda-lady, they’re just a part of me. However, I would like to make some changes…something that I could update seasonally…or just when I’m in the mood. That’s the artist in me…and I need to get on it with my hubby’s graphic programs. But, who has the time?
Other popular posts from TheChattyMom.Com:
Golfing Tips From Daddy At The Driving Range: A great idea for special Daddy and Daughter time!
Scrumptious Citrus Chocolate Chip Scones: I wish my heart were a scone…check out this delicious recipe.
Spring Has Finally Sprung: One of the best four seasons!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A few announcements on a Thursday…
- Our switch to a new host continued to cause a few glitches on SITS yesterday. Thankfully, our bumpy ride has now come to an end. Our SITStahs should be able to access everything on the site again sans error messages. More importantly, we hope that site is running faster than ever!
- Because of our switch to a new host, our lovely featured blogger yesterday did not receive as much comment love as she should. If you haven’t had a chance, be sure to stop by and say hello to Sara at The Millennial Housewife. Her tips and money saving tricks will definitely get you ready for the holidays.
- The winner to the Canon Rebel camera has finally been announced. To see who this lucky SITStah is, click here.
- This Saturday, we will be posting our next installment in the Content is King series. If you missed last week’s post, as well as the activities, you can find them in the Discussion Forum here.
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020