This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Isn’t Jackie’s tag line the truth? With Just a Bit of Magic is a blog about balancing motherhood, marriage and work. Please join me in giving Jackie a warm SITS welcome!
How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I started blogging in May of 2010 and it was something that I had wanted to do for a while but the biggest blocker for me was trying to figure out a catchy or witty name that reflected myself, my family, and where we are in our lives.
I had started reading & following blogs as well as interacting (stalking) with people on Twitter long before I started my own blog trying to see how it was all done and the more that I read the more I realized that I really wanted to do it.
It was the those initial bloggers that I read that helped guide me towards starting my own blog and helped me see that there is a lot to write about in my everyday life.
When I first started my husband didn’t think that I’d stick with it but I proved him wrong and have been at it for over a year. Now, he’s one of my biggest supporters.
In what ways do you benefit from blogging?
I love blogging and the social media aspect of it because it allows me to meet new people from all walks of life all around the world. It’s been so much fun meeting people and realizing that I’m not alone out there and that there are so many others just like me.
Blogging has become like a support group, sounding board, and education all wrapped up into one neat bundle of fun.
What is your favorite recipe?
I love cooking and trying new recipes! If I were better at it and a lot more creative then I would have started a food blog!
Baking is my favorite thing to do on a rainy day or sadly when I get bored which can be really bad if you’re trying to watch what you eat & be healthy. There are so many recipes that are my go to recipes whether it’s for dinner or dessert but one of my all time favorites would have to be the Carrot Cake recipe that I got from my cousin.
This cake is simply the most amazing cake I’ve ever had and it is so worth all the calories that are in it. Honestly, I’d be afraid to calculate it … I‘m sure I’d never eat it again.
What advice can you give other bloggers about juggling motherhood and working, and a blended family?
When it comes to juggling being a mom, working full time outside the home and having a blended family on top of that… patience is really important. It takes time for a blended family to really come together as a whole and there are always bumps in the road along the way.
Open communication is key as well. With our family I’ve found that there has been miscommunication, which has led to misunderstandings and hurt feelings… when things like this happen we pull everyone together for a family meeting.
Loss: This will strike a cord if you’ve experienced a miscarriage.
Third Time: Jackie’s third pregnancy resulted in a miracle baby!
Amazed: This look at Jackie’s wedding day is amazing.
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020