What are some of the best investments you can make for your blog? There are all sorts of things you can invest in from domain names to schedulers, but where is your money most effectively spent? Today’s blogger has a list of seven of the best investments you can make (along with 5 freebies, too)!
7 Best Investments For Your Blog (Plus 5 Free Resources)
When I first started blogging, I didn’t invest in my blog much at all. It took me a couple years before I even bought my own domain name!
If you’re a hobby blogger, then you don’t have to worry about spending ANY money on your blog. But if you want to become a professional blogger and start monetizing your blog, then it’s a smart idea to invest in it.
Investment #1 to make for your blog: Website hosting + domain name.
If you want to be taken seriously with your blog, having your own domain name is one of the quickest ways to go about it! Self-hosting your website means that you have your own domain name—for example, having YourName.com compared to YourName.wordpress.com (the latter of which would be free; the former costs money).
Are there professional bloggers who aren’t self-hosted? Sure. But when you’re just starting out and you want to be taken seriously as a professional, having your own domain name will give you more legitimacy in your first impression.
Cost: approximately $15/month
Read the article to get the rest of the tips!
Read the full post here:7 Best Investments For Your Blog (Plus 5 Free Resources)
- 8 Effective Ways To Create a Remarkable Business Card - Nov 17, 2017
- How To Make Your Own Social Media Follow Buttons - Nov 15, 2017
- Unlock the Power of the 90 Day Business Plan - Nov 10, 2017
- What to Write on Your Blog - Nov 8, 2017
- Free Peony Week Planner and Planner Creation Tutorial - Nov 3, 2017
- 10 Reasons Why No One is Reading Your Blog - Nov 1, 2017
- Top WordPress Plug-Ins - Oct 27, 2017
- How to Make Your Recipe Printable in Blogger - Oct 25, 2017
- Create a Facebook Fan Page for Your Blog - Oct 20, 2017
- Must-Have WordPress Plugins - Oct 18, 2017