WordPress plugins can be a bit of a mystery if you’re a beginning blogger. You’re not 100% sure of what they are or what they do, and once you start learning about them it can seem like a never-ending unboxing. Today’s featured blogger is here to demystify plugins and give you an insider’s scoop on some of the best ones.
8 Great WordPress Plugins for Beginning Bloggers
For beginning bloggers, plugins can be tricky to navigate. What are they? Do I need them? Are there rules? The answers to these questions aren’t always clear, but I’ve learned some of the basics in the 3 years since I made the leap to a self-hosted WordPress site.
Do you need them? In short, no. But as I mentioned above, they can save you a ton of work and heartache when it comes to building and maintaining a blog. For most beginning bloggers (and some old timers), getting into the back end of their blog is terrifying – plugins make it so that’s almost entirely unnecessary.
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to plugins, but less is better generally. The down side to these fancy pieces of software is that too many of them can slow down the load time for your site which is no bueno. You want your entire site visible to readers in under 4 seconds as a general rule.
Read the full post here: 8 Great WordPress Plugins for Beginning Bloggers
- How To Create a Custom Watermark in PicMonkey - Feb 28, 2018
- SEO Blogger Tools of the Trade - Feb 23, 2018
- 5 Vlogging Tips for Beginners - Feb 16, 2018
- How to Get Your First 100 Email Subscribers in 30 Days or Less - Feb 14, 2018
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog - Feb 9, 2018
- IFTTT for Bloggers: 5 Time-Saving Ideas - Jan 31, 2018
- Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead - Jan 26, 2018
- Make Your Posts Pinteresting Using PicMonkey - Jan 24, 2018
- Social Media Influence - Jan 19, 2018
- 5 Tips to Get More Followers and Page Views - Jan 17, 2018