This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you using Blogger and allowing truncating on your posts automatically? This may not be the best plan because that auto feature might pick a picture or graphic that doesn’t quite make sense out of the body of the post and the number of characters it chooses for the supplied blurb may not be a full sentence or it might even cut off mid-word! Today’s blogger has a great plan for truncating that Blogger post yourself and providing an end result that’s more desirable.
Truncating Your Posts On Your Blogger Blog
Many designers live and die by auto truncating. Personally speaking, I cannot stand it. Let me explain:
Auto truncating is a code that plugs in to your blog (usually in the template) that will allow all your posts to be trimmed. It usually includes a thumbnail and an excerpt of your post and then cuts off with a “read more” link. Sounds great in theory. But the truth is that the auto truncating codes will choose whatever image it pleases from your post, often the one you wouldn’t have wanted to use. It also only allows so many characters before the “read more” link that will take readers to the full post. So unless you are planning to count each character at the beginning of each post, it may cut you off mid sentence or even mid word! Not so great in practice. This is where Bloggers page break will become your best friend. You see that little button up there in your “new post”? The one right next to the add video and add photo button? That’s a page break. And I am going to show you how to use it.
Read the full post here: Truncating Your Posts On Your Blogger Blog
- How To Create a Custom Watermark in PicMonkey - Feb 28, 2018
- SEO Blogger Tools of the Trade - Feb 23, 2018
- 5 Vlogging Tips for Beginners - Feb 16, 2018
- How to Get Your First 100 Email Subscribers in 30 Days or Less - Feb 14, 2018
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog - Feb 9, 2018
- IFTTT for Bloggers: 5 Time-Saving Ideas - Jan 31, 2018
- Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead - Jan 26, 2018
- Make Your Posts Pinteresting Using PicMonkey - Jan 24, 2018
- Social Media Influence - Jan 19, 2018
- 5 Tips to Get More Followers and Page Views - Jan 17, 2018
- 8 Great WordPress Plugins for Beginning Bloggers - Jan 12, 2018
- How to Organize Your Pinterest Boards - Jan 10, 2018
- The Best Blogging Advice I Ever Gave - Jan 5, 2018
- Best Free Valentine’s Day Fonts - Jan 3, 2018
- Top 10 Blogging Tips for NEW Bloggers - Dec 29, 2017