This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you know what anchor text is? It is the words that are usually bolded and/or a different color that you click on to visit a new, connected site. Today’s blogger shares with you why your word choice for this text is important and some things to keep in mind the next time you’re creating your links.
Anchor Text for SEO
Anchor Text is the words that you link to a website. The words that you click on to get to another site. AT matters and I’ll cover the proper way to use it below. First let’s cover the basics.
Why does AT matter? This text is used by search engines to help determine what websites are about. This, in turn, helps them decide which searches they should show that website as a result. So basically if you run a puppy training website you want people to link to you using words that have to do with puppy training or your brand or URL. Unfortunately you cannot really help what other people do. However you can make sure the text is done correctly on YOUR websites.
Read the full post here: Anchor Text for SEO
- How To Create a Custom Watermark in PicMonkey - Feb 28, 2018
- SEO Blogger Tools of the Trade - Feb 23, 2018
- 5 Vlogging Tips for Beginners - Feb 16, 2018
- How to Get Your First 100 Email Subscribers in 30 Days or Less - Feb 14, 2018
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog - Feb 9, 2018
- IFTTT for Bloggers: 5 Time-Saving Ideas - Jan 31, 2018
- Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead - Jan 26, 2018
- Make Your Posts Pinteresting Using PicMonkey - Jan 24, 2018
- Social Media Influence - Jan 19, 2018
- 5 Tips to Get More Followers and Page Views - Jan 17, 2018
- 8 Great WordPress Plugins for Beginning Bloggers - Jan 12, 2018
- How to Organize Your Pinterest Boards - Jan 10, 2018
- The Best Blogging Advice I Ever Gave - Jan 5, 2018
- Best Free Valentine’s Day Fonts - Jan 3, 2018
- Top 10 Blogging Tips for NEW Bloggers - Dec 29, 2017