This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
New Year’s resolutions sound like a great idea until around February 1st when you realize they haven’t really been happening. Modifying them after the fact feels like a cop out but, truth be told, they aren’t always realistic and don’t come with a built-in plan. Our featured blogger suggests setting goals and exploring the possibilities instead.
Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead
I don’t need studies to know that writing down goals works. I’ve seen the proof over and over. Still there is impressive research surrounding goals and why writing them down makes a difference.
A 1979 Harvard study found that only 3% of the graduating class had written down their goals. Ten years later, those 3% were earning 10 times as much as all their other classmates.
Years later, wanting to verify that the Harvard study ever existed or had validity, Dr. Gail Matthews, a psychology professor at Dominican University in California, gathered 267 people — men and women from all over the world, and from all walks of life…
Read the full post here:Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead
- How To Create a Custom Watermark in PicMonkey - Feb 28, 2018
- SEO Blogger Tools of the Trade - Feb 23, 2018
- 5 Vlogging Tips for Beginners - Feb 16, 2018
- How to Get Your First 100 Email Subscribers in 30 Days or Less - Feb 14, 2018
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog - Feb 9, 2018
- IFTTT for Bloggers: 5 Time-Saving Ideas - Jan 31, 2018
- Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead - Jan 26, 2018
- Make Your Posts Pinteresting Using PicMonkey - Jan 24, 2018
- Social Media Influence - Jan 19, 2018
- 5 Tips to Get More Followers and Page Views - Jan 17, 2018
- 8 Great WordPress Plugins for Beginning Bloggers - Jan 12, 2018
- How to Organize Your Pinterest Boards - Jan 10, 2018
- The Best Blogging Advice I Ever Gave - Jan 5, 2018
- Best Free Valentine’s Day Fonts - Jan 3, 2018
- Top 10 Blogging Tips for NEW Bloggers - Dec 29, 2017