This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Photography plays a huge role in blogging. In fact some of the most successful bloggers have made it a point to learn at least the basics of photography! With social media sites like Instagram, Pinterest and Google + being more visually based it’s more important than ever to brush up your photography skills.
12 Photo Tips for Bloggers
I always hate it when I finally get the baby to nap and find some quiet time on a sunny day to take blog photos, and then find out during editing that I need to take more. Usually, I’m just missing that one photo I envisioned in my head but didn’t quite get. If you find yourself in the same boat, this checklist of things to remember while taking photos might come in handy!
There’s a few tips to remember when you’re actually behind the camera, but there’s also some good habits to practice when it’s time to edit for the blog. Do you follow these steps to work smarter, not harder? Or will you learn a little something new today?
Read the Full Post Here: 12 Things to Remember When Taking Blog Photos
- How To Create a Custom Watermark in PicMonkey - Feb 28, 2018
- SEO Blogger Tools of the Trade - Feb 23, 2018
- 5 Vlogging Tips for Beginners - Feb 16, 2018
- How to Get Your First 100 Email Subscribers in 30 Days or Less - Feb 14, 2018
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog - Feb 9, 2018
- IFTTT for Bloggers: 5 Time-Saving Ideas - Jan 31, 2018
- Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead - Jan 26, 2018
- Make Your Posts Pinteresting Using PicMonkey - Jan 24, 2018
- Social Media Influence - Jan 19, 2018
- 5 Tips to Get More Followers and Page Views - Jan 17, 2018
- 8 Great WordPress Plugins for Beginning Bloggers - Jan 12, 2018
- How to Organize Your Pinterest Boards - Jan 10, 2018
- The Best Blogging Advice I Ever Gave - Jan 5, 2018
- Best Free Valentine’s Day Fonts - Jan 3, 2018
- Top 10 Blogging Tips for NEW Bloggers - Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for the tips!
Leila Boukarim says
Oh boy, I really need to start doing this… Thanks for sharing!
Wow! Great Tips, loved the one about making Pinterest images vertical. Great idea!
Antionette Blake says
These are some awesome tips, thank you so much for sharing as I need to do a better job with my blog photos.
This is great! Thank you for posting this…I need all the help that I can get in this area.
I didn’t even know what the “alt” thing was for in WordPress! Thanks!
Laina Turner says
I am really weak in this area so this post was great info!
Tanya M @ Mom's Small Victories says
Great tips. I love photography and always feel like I take too many photos especially of the kids, when one of them is bound to have their eyes closed. I need to do better with staging. The plain white background certainly makes the image pop with the right lighting.
Aruna - Young Yoga Masters says
I’m in the market for a new camera and really want to learn new ways to brush up on my photo-taking skills… so this is very helpful. Thanks!
Laura Martin says
Nicki Lewis says
Happy SITS Day! Heading over to check out the blog