This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We know how hard it can be to come with blog posts topics and we want to give you a helping hand! We’ve created 31 March writing prompts for the month of March. Our goal is to help you keep your editorial calendar stocked with plenty of writing ideas for the whole month!
31 Days of March Writing Prompts
Feel free to pick and choose which prompts work well for your site.
- What does financial freedom look like to you?
- Read Across America Day! Tell us how you are celebrating, share your favorite book(s), or take us back to a moment when a book helped to change your world.
- Describe your perfect weekend getaway
- Share your favorite cookie recipe.
- How do you keep your kitchen organized?
- Many schools have cut funding for art and music programs. Do you think it’s important to bring these electives back, and what are your ideas to get your community involved?
- How do you balance blogging and family life?
- Do you shop local? Highlight some of your favorite, local small businesses.
- Take a walk in the park, and get inspired by what you see and hear. Write a short story or poem. Or give us some tips for a great picnic if that kind of writing isn’t your thing.
- March is Women’s history month. What woman in history inspires you?
- How are you brave?
- Are you prepping your garden for Spring? Share your best gardening tips.
- If you could change one thing about your city, what would it be?
- National Pi Day! Share your best pie recipe to commemorate the day!
- 5 ways to make the most out of Twitter
- Write a post inspired by this word: Art
- How are you celebrating St. Patrick’s Day?
- Have you ever worked in sales? Tell us your best story about that job!
- 7 tips to make blogging easier
- Tell us about the spring smells, sights, and tastes you are most excited for this year.
- Write a piece of pillar content for your blog – something about which you are an expert and do (or will) blog about regularly.
- Your favorite fun things to do that don’t cost a lot of money.
- How do you thinks social media is affecting our kids?
- 10 tips for crafters.
- Best waffle recipes and toppings – go!
- What three snacks do you always get at the movie theater?
- What do you do on rainy days?
- Do you have any pets? Share a funny story about them.
- Share your most outrageous (or inspirational) road trip story.
- Describe how you started blogging and what inspires you.
- Best story from your high school science class!
LOOKING FOR MORE POSTS SIMILAR TO THIS ONE?
Looking for more posts similar to our March Writing Prompts? Then be sure to click through the below links!
- 28 Days of Writing Prompts for February
- How to Write Link Posts That Grab Readers Attention
- 10 Blogging Pitfalls You Should Avoid
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
Piyush Mittal says
All points are amazing or Fantastic ideas. Thanks for sharing it.
Great prompts, Thanks.
Thanks for the great ideas, they are absolutely awesome…
Thank you for such a great list of ideas. Any blogger can run with these. I never really need prompts because of the kinds of blogs I have, but these would help anyone!
Really good prompts!
I’m digging in! Thanks for the great ideas.
Silvie Armas says
What a great list! I see so many that I know I’d enjoy writing about. The first one I did was for today’s prompt Family. If you get a chance, come visit my blog. 🙂
These are amazing! Thanks for sparking some ideas! 🙂
Clairity @ Hip to be Mom says
Love these prompts, thanks. I’ve blogged today’s prompt (link below) and I can see a few I’d love to write about.
Naomi Figueroa says
I love these ideas! Some of them would also be great for asking your Facebook followers–I love posting something about once a week that is engaging and helps me connect with others. Thanks for the ideas!
Jocelin Leige says
Sorry my other post somehow missed putting the last blog post I had posted.
Jocelin Leige says
Hey ladies I was wondering if you have buttons that I can put on my blog? I like them and if you do can you direct me to them?
Laura @ Tres Chic Design says
Great ideas! I think everybody has moments of little inspiration so …this is so helpful! thx
Becky L says
Blog post prompts sound like a good idea. I’m gonna give it a try. Thanks!
Lisa R Charles says
I think I might jump in!
amber whitehead says
I wrote a post for peanut butter day but google tells me it is January 24? That March 1 is National Pig Day?
I was confused by that as well, but National Peanut Butter day IS January 24th. March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lovers Day. What the difference is, I really don’t know, but hey why can’t we celebrate the awesomeness of peanut butter every day? 🙂
Sandra @ The Adored Home says
What great ideas, thanks for the inspiration!
The Adored Home
Wow, how timely is this find! I was just looking today for prompts to use for my four child bloggers and these are perfect for next month. Will definitely check your site for more.
Shelly Maynard says
Thank for the writing prompts! I am going to be using them – I need to get in the habit of scheduling my posts and this is a TERRIFIC place to start!
Crystal Green says
Thank you for giving us these ideas. I truly appreciate it. 🙂
This is awesome!, thanks!!
Thank you for these prompts! there are quite a few that I’m excited to write about!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork says
Thanks for always sharing these ideas! Gets me out of my comfort zone a bit and generates even more ideas from them!
Wendy [mapsgirl] says
Great list!! I think this is just what I need to give the the boost to get out of the winter blahs!
Wow! This is soooooo helpful. I’m excited about National Peanut Butter Day because I do have some new recipes I’d like to write about.
BirthTouch.com (@KathyAMorelli) says
Thanks for the prompts! Awesome!
oooo hooray! I love these prompt posts!! 🙂
This is awesome I’m going to try to keep up 🙂
Great tips to get the blogging juices flowing!
Eliz Frank says
I want to also say Thank You for the week of commenting… Will finish mine soon.
Eliz Frank says
Wonderful! Thank you so much for March! I had no idea we had one for February… Beautiful. 🙂
Yvonne I Wilson says
Thanks for the ideas. There are a few of them that I can use and blog about during the month of March. Have a great day!
Laina Turner says
Thanks for this. I always need ideas.
Gazetted officer in Chennai says
I like your post very much , i like to read this article
Good blog! I genuinely love how it is easy on my eyes as well as the details are well written… Transactional Funding Lenders
Thank you so much for the help. You have great things and it sparked me to think of a few of my own.
Kat Ryan says
Great ideas!! Thank you so much. I am trying so hard to build up a “stash” of blogs that are ready to go and this gives such great ideas!!
Google tells me that National Peanut Butter Day is January 24, not March 1.
Great prompts, Thanks.
Jenna @ A Savory Feast says
Great ideas! I have a food blog but have been working on writing posts that are about more than just recipes. I started writing a weekly “5 Friday Favorites” post and have also been working on some blogging tips. Thanks for these ideas!
Megan Walker says
Great prompts! I had a couple more ideas sprout just from reading the list!
Ashley @ Married to the Game says
Thank you I’m definitely going to need this!
Susie (The Esthetic Goddess) says
Thanks for the ideas!