This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
For most blogging beginners, writing posts is an escape to a happy place of self expression. While the same can be true for seasoned pros, it’s also easy to get caught up in the “musts” and the “have-tos” and before you know it, you’re not blogging for you anymore! This blogger shares four tips for taking back the heart of your blog.
4 Tips to Taking Back the Heart and Happy Habit of Blogging
I work as a blog coach for women and mom bloggers for about five years now, and through the years I’ve witnessed both flourishing and flailing blogs. We’ve all heard the stories about bloggers burning out, taking sabbaticals, some even outright quitting their blogs. What with brands, sponsorships, and social media changing the scope of blogs as we know it, many bloggers are bound to struggle with the rapid changes, and even stop blogging because of them. One blogger I spoke with even thought of quitting because she felt like brands were acting like they “owned” the bloggers, which made it difficult for her to be truly authentic with her articles.
And this is really the struggle for many bloggers: to maintain an authentic voice amidst the glitz of brand endorsements and socially-savvy influencers. How can a blogger go back to the HEART of blogging, where stories, feelings and emotions were what brought readers to her? And yet, how can bloggers still maintain a living out of their blogs, but retain their unique voice, their stories, their connections with their readers?
So to start the blog year afresh, here are 4 tips to taking our blogs back: how we can still love our blogs, love our readers, and go back to a more simple, happy habit of blogging with heart.
Read the full post here: 4 Tips to Taking Back the Heart and Happy Habit of Blogging
- How To Create a Custom Watermark in PicMonkey - Feb 28, 2018
- SEO Blogger Tools of the Trade - Feb 23, 2018
- 5 Vlogging Tips for Beginners - Feb 16, 2018
- How to Get Your First 100 Email Subscribers in 30 Days or Less - Feb 14, 2018
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog - Feb 9, 2018
- IFTTT for Bloggers: 5 Time-Saving Ideas - Jan 31, 2018
- Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead - Jan 26, 2018
- Make Your Posts Pinteresting Using PicMonkey - Jan 24, 2018
- Social Media Influence - Jan 19, 2018
- 5 Tips to Get More Followers and Page Views - Jan 17, 2018
- 8 Great WordPress Plugins for Beginning Bloggers - Jan 12, 2018
- How to Organize Your Pinterest Boards - Jan 10, 2018
- The Best Blogging Advice I Ever Gave - Jan 5, 2018
- Best Free Valentine’s Day Fonts - Jan 3, 2018
- Top 10 Blogging Tips for NEW Bloggers - Dec 29, 2017