This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you tired of paying a graphic designer to do small tasks for you? Maybe you’ve thought about adding a blog button to your sidebar, but weren’t sure where to start?
Good news! Creating a blog button in PicMonkey is an easy task that anyone can do, no design skills necessary. Knowing how to create a blog button can help you customize your site and posts.
Whether you want to create a blog button, link up button or a button to promote something you have going on, you can do it using PicMonkey.
How to Create a Blog Button in PicMonkey
Creating and installing your own blog button has never been easier thanks to services like PicMonkey. By following these simple steps and watching the video below, you’ll be well on your way to designing your own blog buttons.
Head on over to PicMonkey and select the design tab, then custom, enter the size 125×125 and lastly select make it. Once you have completed these steps you will be brought to a screen that has your blank blog button on it.
Now it’s time to design your blog button. You can really get creative during this step or keep it simple and basic. There really aren’t any rules here, just make sure it reflects your blog and your style. You will want to utilize the overlays tab and select predesigned templates that PicMonkey offers or upload your own graphic. Once you have the color and graphic you want to use you’ll want to add text. Head on over to the text icon and select the text you want to use. You’ll also need to select the size of your text and color. When you are all done make sure to save your image as a png.
You’ve designed your blog button! Now it’s time to add your blog button to your sidebar with a grab it button. Head on over to a photo hosting service like Photobucket or Flickr and upload your photo. Keep this page open as there is a link you’ll need from the photo hosting site you used.
Go to the backend of your site and upload your blog button to your media library. Keep this window open as there is a link you will need in order to get your blog button on your side bar.
In the backend of your site open up a text or html widget and copy in the following code:
<center><div align=”center”><a href=”http://www.YOURURL.com” target=”_blank”><img src=URLTOTHEPHOTOINYOURMEDIALIBRARY></a></div>
<div align=”center”><form><textarea rows=”3″ cols=”19″ readonly=”readonly”><a href=”http://momsrbomb.com” target=”_blank”><img src=URLTOTHEPHOTOHOSTINGPIC></textarea></form></div> </center>
This is how the code in the exact code in the video looked:
<center><div align=”center”><a href=”http://www.momsrbomb.com” target=”_blank”><img src=http://momsrbomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/blogbutton1.png.png></a></div>
<div align=”center”><form><textarea rows=”3″ cols=”19″ readonly=”readonly”><a href=”http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/kristijohn143/Blog%20Pics/blogbutton1png_zps89896616.png></textarea></form></div> </center>
To see these steps in action make sure to watch the video tutorial below on creating a blog button using PicMonkey.
Looking for more posts similar to our video tutorial on creating a blog button? Then be sure to click through the below links and head over to our Blog Design board on Pinterest!
- How to Add Text to Image Using PicMonkey
- How to Make a Facebook Cover Using PicMonkey
- How to Make a Media Kit Using PicMonkey
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- Use Analytics Now: Understanding Real Time Google Analytics Numbers - Jun 19, 2015
- How to Find Keywords in Google Analytics - Mar 12, 2015
- Tax Deductions All Bloggers Should Know About - Feb 3, 2015
- GoodNites* TRU FIT* Twitter Party - Sep 22, 2014
- #LOOKSTHATROCK Twitter Party - Aug 21, 2014
- Financial Independence TWITTER PARTY From Capital One 360 - Jul 2, 2014
- #VRMonth Twitter Party from Wyndham Vacation Rentals - Jun 16, 2014
- How to Regram Images on Instagram - Jun 5, 2014
- #AllergyFace Twitter Party - Jun 2, 2014
- What Makes You Smile When You Look In the Mirror? #DoveMirror Twitter Party - May 15, 2014
- #WorldsToughestJob Twitter Party with Cardstore - Apr 30, 2014
- BIG Reveal Coming: #TicTacMystery Twitter Party - Apr 28, 2014
- April 26: Share Your Favorite Post at Saturday Sharefest - Apr 25, 2014
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Credible & Respected Top Blogger - Apr 24, 2014
- April 19: Share Your Favorite Post at Saturday Sharefest - Apr 18, 2014