This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A lot of bloggers start out on Blogger since it’s free and pretty easy to get a blog up and running. However, there might come a time when you decide you want to make the move from Blogger to self-hosted WordPress. The thought of moving your blog from Blogger to WordPress is probably pretty intimidating and you might even think you need a professional to get the job done.
What you might not know is moving from Blogger to WordPress can be done without hiring a professional. Carefully following a few steps will have you up and running on WordPress in know time at all.
How to Move From Blogger to WordPress
In the blogging world, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups, Blogger blogs, who are controlled by Google, and the self-hosted WordPress bloggers, who break free from this control (kind-of). This is my story.
Switching to self-hosted WordPress from Blogger doesn’t have to be a long process. These are the steps I took to move in one weekend!
Read the Full Post Here: Blogger to Self-Hosted WordPress In One Weekend
- How To Create a Custom Watermark in PicMonkey - Feb 28, 2018
- SEO Blogger Tools of the Trade - Feb 23, 2018
- 5 Vlogging Tips for Beginners - Feb 16, 2018
- How to Get Your First 100 Email Subscribers in 30 Days or Less - Feb 14, 2018
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog - Feb 9, 2018
- IFTTT for Bloggers: 5 Time-Saving Ideas - Jan 31, 2018
- Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead - Jan 26, 2018
- Make Your Posts Pinteresting Using PicMonkey - Jan 24, 2018
- Social Media Influence - Jan 19, 2018
- 5 Tips to Get More Followers and Page Views - Jan 17, 2018
- 8 Great WordPress Plugins for Beginning Bloggers - Jan 12, 2018
- How to Organize Your Pinterest Boards - Jan 10, 2018
- The Best Blogging Advice I Ever Gave - Jan 5, 2018
- Best Free Valentine’s Day Fonts - Jan 3, 2018
- Top 10 Blogging Tips for NEW Bloggers - Dec 29, 2017
I really need help with plugins I am so lost and i do have links to place on my free site. Help!!!! me please
Laila (@OnlyLaila) says
Thanks for this. I struggle with whether or not to move. I like blogger but I know wordpress has so many plugins that would make things easier. I know I’ll get there one day.
This post could not have come at a better time! I’m redoing everything and moving to wordpress next week and now I know how 🙂 Thank you!!
What is everyone’s opinion on having a free blog at first vs. just buying the domain name, then start blogging? I have always assumed you needed to have a free one first but have read different opinions. I don’t think I am ready to purchase the domain name, hosting, etc. yet… But I have only been blogging for about a month.
Susie (The Esthetic Goddess) says
I just started on blogger but someday hope to be on wordpress as I love how professional it looks. Thanks for the information!
NIcki Lewis says
I started in Blogger and decided to change to WordPress cause it had more features in the long run
Chelsea Moos says
I’ve been considering this, but I’m worried my design won’t work well with the switch, I guess I’ll read the article to find out!!!
Kam kay says
Good Call! I love wordpress and offer so much more flexibility.
Tenns @ New Mama Diaries says
Thanks so much for sharing! I know many will find this post extremely useful in deciding when and how to move their blogs. It was a post similar to this one that helped me move my blog all on my own back in September.
Yea! I’ve been so overwhelmed by the thought of this and was sure I was sure I’d have to hire someone! Thanks SITS!
Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says
This is great! I’m happy with Blogger for the time being but I will definitely keep this in mind when I’m ready to make the move! Thanks!
Yeah! Thank you so much for sharing!