This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When you are first getting started blogging, it can seem overwhelming. There’s so much to learn, so much to do! We decided to ask you, our fabulous SITS community, to share your blogging tips for newbies.
We asked you: One piece of advice I’d give a new blogger is….
Setting up your blog
- Think really hard about your blog name. Then think some more. -Becca L.
- Turn off word verification! -Cass H.
- Make your blog as welcoming and well maintained as your home. -Frugal Beautiful
- Start with your passion. -Aramelle W.
- Do some tutorials on how to use wordpress. -Courtney B.
- Google and tutorials are your friend. -Kimberly M.
- Get on Twitter. -Just Jennifer
- Find a mentor! -Nicole W.
- Find your tribe. It makes it infinitely more fun. -Michelle A.
Writing your blog posts
- Write right. Write tight. -R. Joshua
- Write like you speak. -Laura R.
- Write about what you love. -Jackie L.
- Be Consistent in how often you post. -Haley B.
- Write for yourself first, readers second. Authenticity matters. -Kim U.
- If you’re doing it for the money, don’t. -Leigh Ann T.
- Be patient. -Sara H.
- Never stop learning! -Pam T.
- No matter how tempting, do not get involve in the drama. Click the x and go do something more productive. -Colette S.
- Be yourself. Be honest – even of that means you’re sad or pissed off. Don’t copy or mimic anyone of you won’t stand out. -Joyce K.
- Don’t get caught up chasing the numbers (Klout, Alexa, pageviews, etc). -Rebecca B
And we love this one from Whipped Moos: Listen to The SITS Girls, they know what they’re talking about. 😉 (seriously!!!)