This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You want your readers to stick around on your blog for as long as possible or for them to come back often. One way to do that is by adding calls to action in your blog posts.
A call-to-action is basically an invitation for your readers to take a certain action: subscribe or sign up for something, click to tweet or something else. They can consist of buttons, or well-written lines of text.
Holly covered why you need call to actions with your posts a few months ago so now I’m going to cover sample call to actions.
5 Calls To Action To Add To Your Blog Posts
Words are very powerful and learning how to use the right ones in your call to action phrases can dramatically increase your conversions. An effective call to action will act as an extension of your blog posts.
1. Comments — Ask for comments. By simply asking a question you are asking your readers to engage with you.
2. Pint It – Leave an image for your readers to post in Pinterest.
3. Click to Tweet – Leave a little blurb, message, or quote that’s relevant to your post and can be tweetable. I recommend using the Click to Tweet plugin if your blog is on WordPress.org.
4. Subscriptions — Email subscribers are one of the most important kinds of followers your blog or website can have. Your readers want to know “what’s in it for them” if they give you their email address. Offer them a gift or something exclusive just for email subscribers. Ideas include: printables, a blog series, an invitation to an exclusive Facebook group, your latest e-book, additional training invitation, a freebie opt-in, or invitation to join a social media challenge.
5. Connect on social media — Get your readers to become your newest Twitter followers or Facebook fans. By doing so you’re converting these readers into members of your online community.
Calls to action sound fancy, but they really are quite simple.
Do you have a call to action within your content? What call to action method is most effective for you?
Keep Reading: For more tips on connecting with your audience, check out this post!
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020