This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Most bloggers and many businesses have a Twitter account and a Facebook page. When it comes to social media outlets, these are the places to be seen. Today I’ve got some tips on using Facebook more effectively to promote your blog and expand your conversation.
How to Promote Your Blog Effectively on Facebook
1.) Make sure your blog posts are publishing to your Facebook profile or page.
You can set Facebook to automatically share your blog posts. If you have a personal profile (your regular personal Facebook page), do this:
- First click on “Profile” at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the link for “Options” — it’s under the “Share” button.
- Then click on “Settings” which pops up in that same spot.
- Under “Stories Posted By You” click on “Blog/RSS” and enter the URL of your blog’s RSS feed. Then click “Import.”
If you have a “page” (used to be called a fan page), do this:
- Click on the Notes tab at the top of your page. You may have to click on the plus sign to see the Notes tab.
- Click on Write a new note.
- At the top right, you’ll see “Edit” with a bunch of icons. Click on the little white note paper icon.
- You will then see a link that says “Import a blog.” Click on that and you’ll be able to paste in the URL of your blog’s RSS feed.
2.) Get the Like button
Much like the TweetMeme retweet button, Facebook’s “Like” button can now be added to each of your blog posts to encourage users to like your page. When a reader clicks on the Like button, it shares your blog post on their profile so it can be seen by all of their followers. You can’t go wrong with this one.
- If you use WordPress, there’s a plugin here.
- If you use Blogger, you’ll need to edit your HTML code a bit. There’s a great tutorial here.
3.) Add a Like Box to your sidebar.
Different than the Like button for your blog posts, the Like Box creates a permanent connection between Facebook users and your Facebook page (fan page). You can create a (fan) page for your blog here if you don’t have one yet. It’s quick and easy. There’s a lot you can customize, but just setting up the page will drive you some traffic because if you follow step #1 above, any time you post on your blog it will be shown in the main news feed of all your “fans.” This increases the chances of them visiting your site again. Set up your Like Box here, put in your page’s ID number, then copy the code and add it to a widget in your sidebar.
Want to Learn More About How to Master Facebook?
Then you definitely do not want to miss these posts…
- Creating a Facebook Fan Page That Rocks
- Facebook Fan Page: What You Need to Know
- Facebook Fan Page Update: A Quick Guide
- Five Items All Blogs Need
- Strolling In The Park With The Ergobaby 180 Reversible Stroller - May 20, 2018
- How To Set Up A Home Video Studio - Dec 18, 2017
- Welcome To The Sway — The New Home Of The SITS Girls! - Jun 8, 2017
- Writing Fundamentals: 4 Things To Do Before Publishing - Nov 2, 2016
- A Letter To Our Community - May 24, 2016
- Ready to POP! Tiffany’s Baby Shower - Jan 22, 2016
- Invisalign: More than Just a Pretty Smile. - Mar 13, 2015
- Invisalign: Does it hurt? - Sep 8, 2014
- Does Invisalign Work? - Aug 1, 2014
- Smile It Forward - Nov 20, 2013
- Don’t Let This Halloween Haunt You! Basic Do’s and Don’ts For Busy Parents - Oct 26, 2013
- Getting a Second Opinon - Sep 27, 2013
- Parenting Teens- Developing a Sense of Responsibility - Aug 27, 2013
- Fabulous Custom Canvas: 30% Off! - Aug 26, 2013
- Smile Down the Aisle - Jun 26, 2013